Help With a 7 Strings...

• Thread starter Adrian89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian89

Reaction score
Hello! I'm pretty new in this forum and newer in the 7 strings world too. Well, im looking for a 7 strings guitar for that low A string, because We play a lot of mastodon stuff but I dont want to set up a 6 strings to AGCFAD, so.... help me!

Budget = 1500 USD MAX
tone = mastodon and groove stuff
I live in spain but I'm going to purchase it online

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ENGLShred7

How Do I Djent?
Reaction score
That's quite a nice dilemma to have man haha. I don't know about everyone else here but I'd say your best bet is an Ibanez RG1527 Prestige. I think they run around 1200ish so you could even get some nice pups too. Either that or an extended scale Agile.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with all the Ibanez nods, especially seeing what's going to be available next year.

Though, you might also want to look into Carvin.

Wi77iam

Ibanez fanboi
Reaction score
Not sure if you're comfortable with baritones or fanned frets, but if you're tuning that low, it might be helpful to have a baritone or fanned fret guitar. Roter will have a very decently priced fanned (roughly $1000 USD, and will be available in January '10 IIRC)
With your budget, I would probably try and avoid Agile, I'm not saying that they're bad guitars, but you can get alot better with your budget. (or you can have 2 as stated above :lol:)
If you don't mind standard scales, then Ibanez would be good. (Ibanez fanboi here :wub: :lol:)

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would definitely check out agile guitars, they have a ton of cool options to choose from, and they're readily available. And if you're got 1500 to spend, you can probably get two of them :yesway:

Rondo Music Electric Guitars

Keep in mind if you go the Agile route, you will have ZERO warranty or support, as they don't offer that outside the US.

While it's not a huge factor in choosing an instrument, it's certainly something to take into consideration.

Vletrmx

ζ
Reaction score

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Yeah but its still a J Custom though :D (Just for the record this isnt my guitar up for sale. just one i found on the bay)

Adrian89

Reaction score
Not sure if you're comfortable with baritones or fanned frets, but if you're tuning that low, it might be helpful to have a baritone or fanned fret guitar. Roter will have a very decently priced fanned (roughly $1000 USD, and will be available in January '10 IIRC)
With your budget, I would probably try and avoid Agile, I'm not saying that they're bad guitars, but you can get alot better with your budget. (or you can have 2 as stated above :lol:)
If you don't mind standard scales, then Ibanez would be good. (Ibanez fanboi here :wub: :lol:)

ADGCFAD is THAT low??? just 1 step down

Adrian89

Reaction score
just tried an Ibby 7 strings, the neck is pretty pretty good but maybe too thin for my tastes, and a jackson COW, shitty IMO, so I think I need to try other necks.... any suggestion? there are no more 7 strings guitar in Madrid so I have to buy without trying I think :(

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
Would Schecters be hard to get in Spain? They're the only major 7 string brand that hasn't been mentioned :lol: