Help with EZdrummer 2 and Reaper

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
I downloaded EZdrummer 2 and I can not get it to work with Reaper. I was using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J2x3uzXOUM and at the point 0:48 he says EZdrummer should ask you where to install so I install it in Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack. But when I go to Vst in Reaper preferences and I scan for the plugin path nothing comes up. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MassNecrophagia

has no friends
Reaction score
Somewhere in the list of locations to scan should be "C:\program files\vstplugins\toontrack" If not, use the explorer to find and select the pathway for it, and re-scan. Maybe clear cache, as well.

It should actually come up if you have C:\program files\vstplugins

Metal Guitarist

Reaction score
Okay so it shows up in my VSTi plugins now. But when I click on it a list of controls comes up listed 1-10, not the actual EZdrummer program.

Psmeg

Reaction score
You may need to find the EZDrummer.dll file and copy that to your default VST folder. That worked for me with all the Toontrack plugins.

BrOlav

Edgy SoonNotToBeTeen
Reaction score
I had problems with this as well. Just reinstall and try both the standard directory and some customized stuff.