Hetfield Black album tone - my quest

• Thread starter JEBADIAH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
gonna have to agree w/ DIABOLIC, nailed it like a coffin! though, i have heard this album so many times...i got a little freaked out when the James' vox didn't come in, hahaha! good job man :hbang:

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha shit man, I've tried so many times to nail this for fun, and have come close, but not this close, great shit dude! :yesway:

JEBADIAH

Reaction score
wow, thanks guys - i appreciate the comments!!

i spent about a week researching Hetfields gear/ settings etc - then dumped that idea as it got me knowhere and just used my ears.

JEBADIAH

Reaction score
Haha shit man, I've tried so many times to nail this for fun, and have come close, but not this close, great shit dude! :yesway:

Thanks Mattayus, I love your stuff by the way, so i value your opinion mate!!

Nats

Reaction score
sounds great. did you program the drums too? cause they sound just as authentic

Zachg

¯\(*.*)/¯
Reaction score
sounds great. did you program the drums too? cause they sound just as authentic

If you did program the drums what program did you use, cause they sound awesome.

Edit: Dam man, you did a real good job on the rest too. :hbang:
(I only heard the drum/bass intro, posted cause it was so awesome then decided I should maybe hear the rest too!)

s_k_mullins

!@#$?!
Reaction score
Damn, your tone was completely perfect for that! I think you pretty much nailed it :hbang: And thats one of my favorite tracks, so very cool!!

And Hufschmid, your Youtube was awesome... Master of Puppets is my fav album of all time! :metal: