Hipshot 7 String US Contour Tremolo

7StringedBeast

Random Fingers
Reaction score
Soon I will have a 7 string custom made guitar. I would like it to have an EBMM JP7 tremolo, but that is not possible. So I am thinking about going with hipshot.

How does the US contour tremolo compare to the EBMM JP7 tremolo in terms of action, finish, durability, return to pitch accuracy, tremolo arm wobble (if there's any), ect. ?

Also, if there are any other 7 string trem brands that I should look into please let me know (non-Floyd Rose like).

Thanks in advance for any input guys! :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I actually happen to have owned a JP7, and my Strictly 7 has the US Countour trem.

I'd say the Hipshot is stable, but, like any non-locking trem, a properly cut nut and locking machine heads help quite a bit. As far as how it feels on your picking hand, it's just like the fixed Hipshot bridge, but raised off the body a few cm's (if you have it full-floating). I really like the trem-arm holder. It's not threaded, nor are there any collars or plastic rings. I think it's some type of metal clip inside the trem itself. You can actually control the tightness of the arm by how far you push it in the hole. I jam it all the way down (that's what she said :D) so that I can point the arm towards the bottom strap pin when I'm not using the trem and it stays in that position.

7StringedBeast

Random Fingers
Reaction score
I actually happen to have owned a JP7, and my Strictly 7 has the US Countour trem.

Perfect haha! :yesway:

The guitar will also have a graphtech black TUSQ nut and Schaller locking tuners, the strings will be perfectly straight going from the tuners through the nut. It will probably have the Graphtech/Ghost piezo system aswell...or maybe just the string saver saddles.

I am not going to use the trem for insane dive bombs and stuff like that...it will be used for some vibrato and flutters here and there, and that's why I don't want/need a double locking trem. Btw how does it behave when doing flutters?

Tyvm for the reply gunshow! :metal: