Hipshot Solo Bridge Alternatives?

• Thread starter Chri
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
These MFs are pretty expensive, even when not buying direct from them:

Is there not really any alternative besides whatever the OEMs are using on guitars with monorail bridges? I've seen tons of the cigar box guitar pieces floating around the web, but a lot of them seem to be using cheap metals, so I'd rather not entertain the notion of faulty or quickly stripped gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
ABM makes single bridges. Look up the ABM 3210. I have them on a custom guitar right now and they're very comfy and well made.
Also they're cheaper than the hipshot solo bridges right now by like 10$ a piece :lol:

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Ok, a few choices here:
1. Guyker brass saddles. Not that it's any cheaper, but the quality is light years ahead of HS IMO. I have them on 2 of my 8-string guitars, been great so far.
2. Guyker makes other saddles, but no personal experience. These look like the old Rondo/Agile ones, they are not too expensive, they accept returns thru amazon, so u might wanna give them a try.
3. IMHO, the new Rondo/Agile saddles are awesome! U might wanna email Kurt, but sometimes I see them available for sale in the accessory dept.
4. Finally, if your fan matches Ormsby Goliaths, then u could buy a Goliath headless bridge from them. Fast worldwide DHL shipping, really great quality (comparable to HS).

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
ABM makes single bridges. Look up the ABM 3210. I have them on a custom guitar right now and they're very comfy and well made.
Also they're cheaper than the hipshot solo bridges right now by like 10$ a piece :lol:

Anywhere in particular you got them? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look. Or maybe the websites just aren't up to date.

Ok, a few choices here:
1. Guyker brass saddles. Not that it's any cheaper, but the quality is light years ahead of HS IMO. I have them on 2 of my 8-string guitars, been great so far.
2. Guyker makes other saddles, but no personal experience. These look like the old Rondo/Agile ones, they are not too expensive, they accept returns thru amazon, so u might wanna give them a try.
3. IMHO, the new Rondo/Agile saddles are awesome! U might wanna email Kurt, but sometimes I see them available for sale in the accessory dept.
4. Finally, if your fan matches Ormsby Goliaths, then u could buy a Goliath headless bridge from them. Fast worldwide DHL shipping, really great quality (comparable to HS).

I should have mentioned in the OP that I was referring to the regular Solos, not the headless ones. :lol:

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
Anywhere in particular you got them? They seem to be out of stock everywhere I look. Or maybe the websites just aren't up to date.

I should have mentioned in the OP that I was referring to the regular Solos, not the headless ones. :lol:
just go to ABM's website

Lachlan-Blacklight

Reaction score
Depending on what aspects of them you are looking for in an alternative, for multiscale there’s a bunch of options (one of my favourites is making a plate for some Wilkinson saddles)
I’ve found a number of other options with saddle plate ideas. Personally I find the hipshot ones hideous. I’d rather get a Schaller Hannes.
But if you’re looking to swap out existing single bridges with minimal or no modifications and still maintain high quality I’d guess there would have to be a compromise in one of those areas

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
Depending on what aspects of them you are looking for in an alternative, for multiscale there’s a bunch of options (one of my favourites is making a plate for some Wilkinson saddles)
I’ve found a number of other options with saddle plate ideas. Personally I find the hipshot ones hideous. I’d rather get a Schaller Hannes.
But if you’re looking to swap out existing single bridges with minimal or no modifications and still maintain high quality I’d guess there would have to be a compromise in one of those areas
I'm not fully against modding. I probably need to get some decent measuring tools first, though to make sure angles match.

Got any examples you can post?