How good is the Agile Hawker? Any guitars to compare it to?

ACfireandiceDC

Reaction score
So I'm thinking of buying an Agile Hawker (Elite). I want a 7-string guitar that is decent but I would like something to compare it to. I have played and/or currently own:

An Agile Interceptor Pro 930
A high-quality Randy Rhoads Gibson Les Paul
A Douglas Hadron 725
A PRS 24-fret 6-string
A G&L Stratocaster
A high-quality Fender Stratocaster

I'm wondering if there is anyone who has played an Agile Hawker, and is able to compare the feel and playability of it to a different guitar. (The pickups and sound quality won't be a concern because I'll probably swap the pickups for some Bareknuckles.)

I want to mostly play metal with the guitar, but would like some other genres such as rock, jazz and blues.

Would you recommend this for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

notasian

Reaction score
i only found 1 ndg of a hawker elite on this agileguitarsforum, it looks amazing but the guy thinks that binding was messed up but im pretty srue thats how they designed it (probably for copy-write issues they made the bottome horn a little different) notice in the pics that the binding stops halfway on the bottom horn, it looks farther carved out so the fret access is better.

NGD! Agile Hawker Elite! but........... | Agile Guitar Forum

anyway ive been drooling over the hawker elites for a while now the only things i dont like are the dot inlays, rosewood fbs, and the passive pickups in that 7 string version (passives look kinda cheap to me without the nice covers on them)

i can tell you agile has stepped up their quality in the past year there almost no b stock guitars and my friend just got an al3100m and its amazing, plays better than my pendulum. i would totally get that one if i were you it looks so elegant, but its a 7 so it can be brutal too haha

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I've got two Hawkers, both great, but they're fretless, so I can't talk about that aspect of the instruments.

However, I've never had an Agile with frets in the wrong place, so I suspect that's not an issue.

BTW, I meant to replace the stock pickups, but have never gotten around to it.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I am super happy with my Agiles. I have a Septor 727 pro and an AL-3200. Both are amazingly sweet guitars and I love the heck out of them and record with them all the time. Those LPs are killer, blows everything in that price range and beyond out of the water (once I A/B'd with an $800 Gibson and the gib had nothing on it). My 727 is a work of art too. I imagine the Hawkers are comparable!