How I made my Ibanez cause me to shit myself...

• Thread starter SilverEvolver
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Sounds great man! Massive groove. Kind of like Mark Morton having a fistfight with John Browne.

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
A squidge too much low midrange mud, and a bit of a thin bassdrum. But otherwise the tone rips. Keep it up!

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I like this. The right side at 15 seconds is a really nice touch.

SilverEvolver

Banned
Reaction score
Awesome shit!

Thank you so much man!

I'll take groove over technical playing any day, this is awesome, good job. I love shit that makes you want to fist small mammals.

Hahaha :D The best response I've ever had hahaha

Wanna give us a rundown of your gear?

Live or what I used on this? If it's what I used on this I'll do a run down later on when I'm home from work :D

Really, what AMP sim, what IMPULSES and the rest, what are you using? that tone is great.

It's all changed around now cause of our new way of recording but I'll find it all out and let you guys know!

Guitar is an Ibanez rg7321 with Seymour Duncan JBs in it,
Bass was a Spector 5 string active pickups,
Drums were Superior 2.0 and Metal Foundry but with our own samples chucked in,
The guitar effects were just Reapers own called stutter and some delay etc,

I'll find out the more detailed stuff later on! Cheers :D

VikingGuitar

Reaction score
Yeah, I know I'm definitely mainly interested in the signal chain for the guitar. Mic'd amp or DI? If DI, what amp modeling/impulses? Thought process behind EQ, compression, etc. ALL TEH SECRETS. ;-)

SilverEvolver

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I know I'm definitely mainly interested in the signal chain for the guitar. Mic'd amp or DI? If DI, what amp modeling/impulses? Thought process behind EQ, compression, etc. ALL TEH SECRETS. ;-)

We'll secrets will cost you.... Go check out my band on Facebook ;) just search for Karhu, it's music like this with Randy Blythe and Chris Cornell style vocals :D

When I get home from work I'll have a look at the secrets and spill them everywhere then I'll open Reaper and find out abut those plug ins!

Later!