How many potato chips?

• Thread starter gnoll
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnoll

Reaction score
If you eat potato chips, how many?

I remember being a kid and watching adults eat potato chips. They would have like a martini or something and eat like 2 or 3 potato chips with that. I don't get that. I can't eat only 2 or 3. I need to sit down, pour a big bowl of them and eat them all in quick succession. Having 2 or 3 would just piss me off in a blue balls kind of way.

So am I weird or are they weird?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jokes aside, just eating 2 or 3 chips seems weird to me. I've made meals out of a bag (Old Dutch Mesquite BBQ kettle chips with Top the Tater Fiesta flavor IS actual crack) but changed my ways.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
They last longer than they used to, one bag lasts a couple of days maybe?
I used to lose weight really easy, by just eating normal. But now at 26 I think my metabolism is starting to slow down.
And if I overeat for a few weeks (like I used to do to get bigger in the gym) I start to notice a bit of a belly. So I don't do that as much anymore. I'd rather be skinny and fit, than fat with bigger muscles and body.
Another thing is that my body doesn't handle junk food as well anymore. If I eat a whole bag of chips in 1 go, I'm guaranteed to feel like shit afterwards...

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
2:47 a.m. insomnia brought me here.

I've got gastrointestinal issues and I can't power-graze anymore. So although I'll eat more than just a handful, I get full/ feel bloated pretty quickly these days. A bagga chips lasts a while now. Problem with that is that I despise stale chips and once a bag is open, it's shelf life is quickly compromised.

If I'm eating actual potato chips, my jam has typically been simple salt or reduced salt thin potato chips with french onion dip. With a sandwich like chicken salad on wheat... potato chips just by themselves is where it's at.

For just indulging in flavor, I still like cool-ranch or nacho Doritos. Also dill or salt & vinegar potato chips kick ass. Sucks that they're so expensive now though.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I can stop myself after like 12-20 chips, but I don't think I could ever give them up entirely. They're just the perfect snack while watching a show or a movie. Sugary snacks and candy I could do without, but salty snacks are a must in our home. Salt & vinegar Ms. Vickie's chips are our go to, though I also love Doritos and all Ruffles (all dressed or sour cream) when they're on sale. OH! And tortilla chips and salsa/queso, hell yeah.

Yeah I like chips. :lol: Fucking bags keep getting smaller and more expensive, though, those cunts and their shrinkflation.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I'm a big goldfish cracker fiend. I don't mess with potato chips except for Mama Zuma's, but all of them are crap for your body. Just the sodium alone is crazy.
I eat crackers more often than chips these days since they pair well with peanut butter, tuna salad, etc. Used to LOVE goldfish crackers with tomato soup when I was a kid.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
I'll say it if you won't... @AwakenTheSkies, buckle up
Ehhh I'll probably be fine. I don't like forcing myself to eat, so if I can eat comfortably without being worried about losing weight then that's fine with me.
I'm a nervous guy and being nervous takes my hunger away. When it gets really bad I'm just not hungry at all, can eat like once a day. I can get very strict with exercise too. I'm not worried about getting fat.
My problem is the frickin cigarettes, I've been smoking for 11 years now. I feel like I should quit, but part of me enjoys it...

Edika

Reaction score
Depending on the size of the bag of chips (or crisps as they call them around here), either until its empty or I start feeling somewhat nauseous from the low quality oil they use to fry them lol!
And that would be the main reason for not buying chips and other salty snacks as I'll have to finish them. Luckily I'm not much into sweets, aside from ice cream and the occasional chocolate, bit I try avoid buying them altogether. I won't go out of my way to fo buy some but if there around the house my mind focuses on them.

Plus thank you @Awakfor the hilarious content! 26 and feeling his metabolism slowing down 🤣🤣🤣!

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
Half a tube of Pringles Hot &, Spicy per sitting eaten 2 chips at a time with no breaks except for a beer gulp or burst.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
My problem is the frickin cigarettes, I've been smoking for 11 years now. I feel like I should quit, but part of me enjoys it...

I smoked for about 13-14 years and switched to nicotine pouches pretty much as soon as they became common. I still miss smoking, but I definitely do not regret the decision. Worth checking out if you're thinking about it. Fuck vaping, those things are just as bad as stogies only in a different way.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I quit cigs in 2017 after nearly a decade, never looked back. I loved them while I smoked but that's just the addiction talking. Took me a lot longer to kick my cannabis habit but smoking is awful for you. Vape/pouches/etc are terrible for you in their own ways. Just quit, you're worth it.