Howdies from the land of Australia...

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I only just actually found this thread now, so i figured why not :)

Only been playing for a couple of years, started on a schecter damien 6 string, didnt much like it. Im a tone freak and will go to the ends of the earth to get my perfect tone (still walking) and i am obsessed with heaviness. Started drop tuning after 2 weeks of playing, replaced my 1st set of strings with thicker ones, and eventually ended up with 10-70" tuned to drop B on the schecter. Decided i wanted a 7 string, and it was time to move on up about 6 months ago, but have only been playing 7 string for about 3 months now. I love it. The wider fretboard agrees with me greatly.

Anyway, im trying to find my tone that fits my style of playing and what i want to do. I dont think im particularly talented, but i enjoy it and i enjoy feeling the ground shake a little... :cool:

Would like to try playing an 8 string, i feel like the possibilities for rhythm and huge grinding layers of disgustingly low tuned guitar would just be beautiful. So yeah, thats basically it :)

my favorite bands are 16 volt, Combichrist and American Head Charge, and i love, LOVE Industrial and that weird coldwave stuff (Acumen nation, chemlab, hate dept.) Want to learn how to manipulate guitars like that through wav files...
Hello from Australia! where all the music stores are nightmares!
Rock on.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello fellow Aussie :wavey:

I am most jealous of your guitar... perhaps one day i too will steal it... :bowdown:
I have some japanese model ibanez, i dont know wtf it is though, all i know is its pretty old, its got a DiMarzio X2N 7 and i think a DiMarzio PAF pickup? But yeah, no idea what it is.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I am most jealous of your guitar... perhaps one day i too will steal it... :bowdown:
I have some japanese model ibanez, i dont know wtf it is though, all i know is its pretty old, its got a DiMarzio X2N 7 and i think a DiMarzio PAF pickup? But yeah, no idea what it is.

:worth:

Which one are you jealous of? I will be listing the one in my display pic on eBay shortly and there is two guitars in my sig.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Im talking about that orange one up top... i think...
Whichever is your RG2027X... the one with the piezos as well -pouts- What can i say, i saw an interview with Wes Borland, and it just seems amazing... shame it was made like 10 years ago...

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
The interview with Wes is with a RG7CST which I dream about owning some day, my RG2027 and RG2127 are very similar but do not have the ebony fretboard or maple top and are prestige not Jcustom. Still they are incredible guitars and the only way I would part with them would be if I bought a CST or one in better condition.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, its a really really beautiful guitar (having said that though, the orange isnt my colour...) And id probably end up replacing the pickups with Bareknuckles and keeping the Piezo.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Mine has Bareknuckles :D

:eek:

-cries and screams empty threats... but mainly cries- :scream:
Well... so when your, you know, done with the guitar... ill buy it lol.
Mind if i ask what kind of bareknuckles? I always wanted the War Pigs. Unnecessairy, yes, but everything i hear is that they are a reallyt thick sounding pickup with monstrous gain... something i strive for :)