Howdy doo, buckaroo?!

• Thread starter philzypie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

philzypie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm Phil Zeo but my friends and sister call me Philzypie. Honestly, I'm what you would probably consider an EXTREMELY long term lurker, to the point that I was genuinely shocked I didn't have an account already!

You can find me pretty much anywhere. I have a YouTube channel under my name, my artist name is literally my name so that's easy, and I'm in a few bands where I just go by my name. I'm super boring so I don't really have a stage name.

Anyway, the reason I joined was I finally bought my own seven string guitar. After years of being that guy who borrowed my friends schecters and esps, I decided to stop being that guy.

I hope to be a pleasant and helpful member of the community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Welcome! I just checked out your youtube channel. Looks like you've got some pretty good stuff on there man.

philzypie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welcome! I just checked out your youtube channel. Looks like you've got some pretty good stuff on there man.
Much appreciated :D I try to do educational and review content specifically for the people who ask.

I really like helping out with people's mix related educational journey. Thank you so much!

jaxadam

Reaction score
Much appreciated :D I try to do educational and review content specifically for the people who ask.

I really like helping out with people's mix related educational journey. Thank you so much!

I went down the rabbit hole trying to record/mix years ago, and I just don't have the ear, and mainly the patience for it. The time I did have, I would get ear fatigue and when I would listen again the next morning it sounded even worse.

But nothing is better than everybody recording their part on a Tascam 8 track in a garage!

philzypie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I went down the rabbit hole trying to record/mix years ago, and I just don't have the ear, and mainly the patience for it. The time I did have, I would get ear fatigue and when I would listen again the next morning it sounded even worse.

But nothing is better than everybody recording their part on a Tascam 8 track in a garage!

I hope there's not a "no pro advice" rule but the thing I find works best is to never ever ever mix on the same day I did all the recording and to never spend more than an hour and a half on a mix. That way my ears are always fresh for it and the faster you mix, the less likely you are to tweak ad infinitum.

It's just better to work fast lol.