Huge doubts on a trade (RG7620 GAS)

neurosis

Reaction score
Hello everybody. As some of you know I sold my heavy loaded RG1527 a few months ago. This is a mistake I will always regret I think, since I have been missing it so much.

A few days ago I got an offer for my LTD Alexi 600 Blacky (which I got for dirty cheap a few weeks ago and love). The guy wants to hand out his RG7620, 2001 built for this and I am having serious doubts as to what I should do.

I am not familiar with the 7620, but I have heard it's an awesome guitar and that finding it mint like that one is really hard.

It would be nice if you could give me a few hints as to how it compares to the RG1527 I had. I shall mention he is trading it including a setup with Air Norton and EVO. I think that alone sounds awesome.

My main concern is if I'll miss the Alexi, since I have been playing nothing else for the past weeks (the neck is amazing on it, even if it's chunkier than my Horizon).

I have a 2001 S-Series and it is amazing what tone it has. IF the RG7620 is equally built maybe I am up for something? What do you guys think of this?

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broj15

Reaction score
I've always been satisfied with my rg7620. The only reason i upgraded was because i was never a trem fan (although after thoroughly exercising the trem i can say it is a high quality trem) and after blocking the trem and removing the locking nut for more tuning versatility i can say the tuners are solid. The stock pickups are lacking, although if he is promising a pickup swap then that should be no issue. The neck is thin and almost flat and upper fret access is not an issue. I would say it is a solid MIJ 7 string ibby.

Dan

Reaction score
Is your blacky the 600 version? If so id keep hold of it because you could probably get a better trade. 7420's are ice guitars but far from the 1527 you had IMO. I'd say hold out and save up :)

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
Is your blacky the 600 version? If so id keep hold of it because you could probably get a better trade. 7420's are ice guitars but far from the 1527 you had IMO. I'd say hold out and save up :)

It's a 7620 not a 7420 Dan,

Your years here have affected your reading. ;)

Must be getting Senile.

OT:

7620's are great guitars.

GET IT.

Dan

Reaction score
It's a 7620 not a 7420 Dan,

Your years here have affected your reading. ;)

Must be getting Senile.

OT:

7620's are great guitars.

GET IT.

HEY YOU YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPER! AIN'T YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUR RESPECTING YOUR ELDERS :lol:

I meant the 7620 :p, i just obviously don't know how to type. My opinion still stands though. Save and buy something new and shiny :fawk:

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
HEY YOU YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPER! AIN'T YOU NEVER HEARD ABOUR RESPECTING YOUR ELDERS :lol:

I meant the 7620 :p, i just obviously don't know how to type. My opinion still stands though. Save and buy something new and shiny :fawk:

:bowdown:

But OT The 7620 is really just as good as 1527 IMO,

If you need to you can just get some fretwork done to get that prestige fretwork.

Moltar

Reaction score
The fretwork SHOULD be pretty much the same. Both made in the same factory by the same people, a few years apart. The old Japan made Ibanez guitars from before the Prestige line was put out, WAS the Prestige line.

Dan

Reaction score
^ IMO ive owned both and the prestige is superior in many ways. Plus the Alexi is a better guitar and i think he would regret selling it. Second hand 1527's in good condition come by often, so it would be better to wait.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Not comfortable with doing it? Don't do it. Simple. Don't trade something unless you're 100% confident with your decision, or you'll end up regretting it.

Moltar

Reaction score
How is the 1527 superior? I have owned both as well. My Universe is definitely superior, but it better be for the price.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
i woudnt trade my 7620 for a universe, unless i was selling the universe to get a 1527 haha

neurosis

Reaction score
Hi! Thank you all very much for the good advice. Even though I will get a new 7string at some point in the near future I have decided to stop my gas and not indulge in a new trade, purchase yet. I mean. I was saving for a Caparison Horus and now I am thinking of trading a guitar I got a few weeks ago. It came dead, sweaty and dirty and I tok it apart, cleaned and polished everything on it and put a new set of strings on it. It is a very nice playing guitar. Surprisingly (it's corean) it is one of my favourites now and I just love it. I think I am just feeling guilty for having a few guitars that are really good and not be able to practice that much with my scholarship and University applications going on and my current job at the agency. I mean, I have zero time so when I have it I am kinda crazy. This deal came up and I was tempted but I think I'll keep it since I was already looking for Vs to substitute it if i made the change which is silly cause I could get a seven anyway.

So it's a keeper. Thank you all for your opinions and support. The Blacky stays. Tuned to C it is a little son of a bi·&!

HAve a great day, guys!