I am currently getting badass fusion tone...

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
...by running my Dean semi-acoustic (11-52 gauge strings w/medium action) with the tone on full, and the bridge PU selected, into a whammy pedal on the 'shallow detune' setting and the pedal about half-way depressed, into my amp (Crate GFX30) on the overdriven channel with the gain set at about 4. Sounds like the perfect middle-ground between Scofield and Metheny! I wish I had a decent mic to record some samples...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
...by running my Dean semi-acoustic (11-52 gauge strings w/medium action) with the tone on full, and the bridge PU selected, into a whammy pedal on the 'shallow detune' setting and the pedal about half-way depressed, into my amp (Crate GFX30) on the overdriven channel with the gain set at about 4. Sounds like the perfect middle-ground between Scofield and Metheny! I wish I had a decent mic to record some samples...

That sounds very interesting--very huge. I enjoy playing around with clean/distorted combo sounds, which was an old Zappa trick. I almost pulled the trigger on that Raines 7-string semihollow that ended on eBay yesterday, but I'll just stick to the solidbodies for now...