I just ordered new pickups for my Blackjack

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
So today I sent in my order for some humbucker sized P-90s for my Blackjack from Vintage Vibe pickups. I decided that the Duncans in there, while not awful, weren't really it for me and I wanted something lower output and with more bite but could still do well with a fair amount of gain. Plus I love P-90 tone. :wub:

FYI the set is $175 shipped which isn't bad at all for some custom made pickups and Pete at Vintage Vibe was very cool to deal with. He'lll also make seven string Strat and Tele pickups if you ask. As well as single coil sized P-90s and blade style single coilds for sevens.

I'm stoked to get them. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!

!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

about time you ordered them :lol:

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
NOICE. See told ya dude. The KxK is to metal for ya. :taunt:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
nice! so, what's physically different about the P-90 versus the single coil and humbucker?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
nice! so, what's physically different about the P-90 versus the single coil and humbucker?

The bobbins is bigger plus it usually has more that one magnet. It's like a supe fat single coil. It has plenty of bite and clarity but can get really fat and crunchy. Iommi used them on the early Sabbath records so they can get plenty heavy. :metal:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
P-90s can get pretty bitchin, I was actually playing this and while it doesn't have P-90s I could get a pretty brutal tone going on.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a Les Paul with P-90s and sounds fucking awesome

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Pete @ Vintage Vibe rocks. He sent me a the dimensions on the bridge pickup and asked me if that would work for my guitar and what spacing I wanted on the neck pickup. :yesway: I'm stoked to get these pickups.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
The bobbins is bigger plus it usually has more that one magnet. It's like a supe fat single coil. It has plenty of bite and clarity but can get really fat and crunchy. Iommi used them on the early Sabbath records so they can get plenty heavy. :metal:

These be P90's

1537478bd31bd7c16.jpg

A large fat single coil that growls and howls! :yesway:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
doesn't have to look good to sound good, lol

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
Just to prove my gear whore-like nature I also just purchased a new three way switch for the Blackjack, some Blackouts for my Loomis and 2 Tremol-Nos, one for the Loomis and one for my Carvin Bolt-T. :D