I lost both rg7620bk and money :(

• Thread starter thatchar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thatchar

Reaction score
Hello,
Well... I have pretty bad experience buying guitar from the user - nvus1x. It was black Ibanez rg7620 (http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/guitars-sale-trade-wanted/57392-f-s-ibanez-rg7620bk-2.html). Such an amazing instrument.

I have paid for the guitar on 05/26/08, today is 08/08/08 and the guitar hasn't arrived.
I used Paypal, so I opened dispute, then claim, seller said that he will check with the shipping, after that... no response, they decided in my favor, however they were unable to recover any funds from seller's account.

I really don't think that this is fraud. There is no sense to lose the name, and both the Paypal and the Ebay accounts, just to gain easy 570$ or so.

So I wonder,
Does anybody know personally NVUS1X user? Sevenstring.org - View Profile: NVUS1X
Maybe something happened to the person?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
That sucks dude :( What kind of references did he give you?

heffergm

Reaction score
I know neither the buyer nor seller, but I have dealt with shipping to/from Russia before. Long story short, 3 months isn't unheard of, to put it mildly.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:agreed:

Be patient especially if he sent it out USPS.

NiCkMiLnE

7>6
Reaction score
anyone from maryland know him?
282404740_l.jpg

his myspace..

MySpace.com - Suga-Free - 32 - Male - E-Dub Baltimore, Maryland - www.myspace.com/nvus1x
lets track him and get this shit sorted ASAP

thatchar

Reaction score
I know that there are sometimes delays with USPS Priority mail, but I have never faced so huge delays. It is really uncommon, I bought a lot of guitars from US, and I've never faced such troubles. The most significant delay was about 2 months and that was Christams Eve and New year.
Especially strange is that I've bought ESP at the same time, it was shipped by Priority Mail, I received it in 17 days.

Thanks for bearing up, guys. But I really want you to restrain from unsatisfactory accusation.

I really don't think that he is fraudster. And I don't want to set forth his personality nor I don't want to set forth him like a fraudster.

I suppose something significant forced him to end up communication.
I believe my apprehension wont prove, and he is in good health. Maybe just out of town (country). And the whole situation is just a force majeure.

Again thanks for encouragement.

Reaction score
Hey, same thing happened to me. Contact your bank or Credit card that you used. I made a claim with my bank and after Paypal told me too much time had passed to make a claim and got all my loot back, instantly! Paypal sent me another email shortly after singing a different tune. Ebay owns them now you know.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
It's cool that you want to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe in the good of people, but the guy ripped you off plain and simple. I have seen people come up with more ellaborate schemes to steal $50. You bet your ass it was worth it for this guy to make up a fake paypal account to get almost $600 from you. The dude was on his myspace page TODAY if that really is his page. He had like 16 posts here, mostly all in the FS section and he hasn't posted since you paid him. The e-bay account he gave you is squeaky clean and is most likely not his either. Was his paypal account name the same as his e-bay account or username here? He wont respond to you b/c he stole your money and we will never see him around here again. Definately dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company.

Project2501

Malleus Maleficarum
Reaction score
We need to do something... I am just trying to figure what we, as a community, can do to help get this resolved. I bought my Conklin on here and I don't want scammers ruining what we have going on.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah it sucks when an asshole comes on here and makes people weary of trusting other members of the community, b/c there really are a lot of good, honest people here. I mean where else do you see guys willing to middle man and recieve and ship guitars to guys who can't get them where they live for no personal compensation?

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Anyone work for Comcast? His IP is 69.137.56.142.

OrgName: Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
OrgID: CMCS
Address: 1800 Bishops Gate Blvd
City: Mt Laurel
StateProv: NJ
PostalCode: 08054

NetRange: 69.136.0.0 - 69.143.255.255
CIDR: 69.136.0.0/13
NetName: JUMPSTART-3
NetHandle: NET-69-136-0-0-1
Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: DNS101.COMCAST.NET
NameServer: DNS102.COMCAST.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2003-04-24
Updated: 2007-11-19

OrgAbuseHandle: NAPO-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Network Abuse and Policy Observance
OrgAbusePhone: +1-856-317-7272
OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@comcast.net

OrgTechHandle: IC161-ARIN
OrgTechName: Comcast Cable Communications Inc
OrgTechPhone: +1-856-317-7200
OrgTechEmail: CNIPEO-Ip-registration@cable.comcast.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2008-08-07 19:10
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.

Again this is why we always require references. It's unfortunate as hell but there's nothing I/The Mods can do about it. :(

coupe89

Reaction score
I have seen some forums, find everything they can about some scammers.They then go after that person until they give it all back, and give them a bad name all over the internet.

Project2501

Malleus Maleficarum
Reaction score
Maybe we should try and get as many people on here as we can to contact him on his MySpace page. Now I am not saying harass him, but just try to find out what is going on. A little pressure on him might do wonders.

InTheRavensName

Dog says yes ^.^ Yes
Reaction score
Or post his details on /b/...

For what it's worth, this fucking sucks man. I've just packed up my seven to send to a chap on here, and Nick should be picking up my Moser tomorrow, so honestly, I'd be fucked if we didn't have this resource to sell things. If there's anything (unlikely I know, but hey) I can do to help, well...you know where I am :cool:

digitalpig

Reaction score
wow I was gonna pull the trigger on that guy's white horizon
(...)

Yeah, me too!! I already figured everything out with him, but then I got, well, let's call it "a feeling" that I should take my hands off this guitar. :scratch:

thatchar, I am very sorry to hear this, man. I hope it will clear up somehow and you'll get this guitar or your money back... Although it doesn't look like this at the moment. :noplease: As being said here, the guy is still active on myspace, that's for sure. And that's not a good sign for you, though...

Greetings from Germany
Felix

Latest posts