I Need some help ASAP!

broj15

Reaction score
I know several of you guys on here have the Ibanez RGD2127z and I'm sure a few of you have replaced the stock pick ups with dimarzio's. I have a d activator 7 and a liquifire 7 sitting here ready to be dropped into my rgd but I simply can not find a wiring diagram. If anyone of you guys out there can hook me up with a wiring diagram I would greatly appreciate it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
I used to (before I started swapping everything when I put new pups in) draw a diagram myself. I am definitely no artist but it takes at most 5 min's and that is usually quicker than trying to find one.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
I used to (before I started swapping everything when I put new pups in) draw a diagram myself. I am definitely no artist but it takes at most 5 min's and that is usually quicker than trying to find one.
when i got my crunchlab and liquifire for my ltd h-307 i just left the pots and everything as is,
all you have to do is solder the hot from the dimarzios to the switch and the ground to the ground
white and green taped together unless your doing coil tap.
when i put the dimarzios in i just looked where the hot was,
then looked at dimarzios color code chart and soldered took more time
to get the pickups in then to solder them to the existing(prewired) electronics.

agreed you can draw a diagram by what you have now then look up dimarzios and your stock pickups color code
and adjust accordingly or even easier take a before pic and
look at that while your soldering in the new pups.

broj15

Reaction score
http://www.tremol-no.com/images/DiM_8poleRev2.jpg
and a random kinda related pic story
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/pi...-tech/22623-rg7620-doom-project-picstory.html

i like :google:

EDIT: search "RGD2127z dimarzio wiring diagram" worked for me! :yesway:

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats the first thing i searched and I still couldn't find anything helpful :rolleyes:
I'm also know I'm not the only one having this problem since i've been seeing people asking the same thing on jemsite and the Ibanez forum and have yet to see anyone reply.

Normally, if the pickups don't come with a wiring diagram (I usually got a digram with my bass pickups from seymour duncan) then i usually do draw one up myself, which is no problem.

Instead i decided to try and figure out the color codes for the wires that ibanez uses on thier v series pickups (can't just go in on prior experiene as i've never messed with ibanez pickups and almost every manufacturer uses different colors for each wire) and cross reference them with the color codes dimarzio uses.

Well i searched online for 3 days trying to find info on the ibanez v series pickups. I even contacted Ibanez twice inquiring about pickup/ wiring infortamiton (they haven't updated the wiring diagram section of thier website since 2008) and was told twice that i would recieve an e-mail by "the end of the day." I have yet to recieve an e mail. The other thing that was throwing me off was the 3 way toggle. it's not a normal 3 way toggle switch (atleast not like one that i have ever seen)... here is a picture of it.

switch1.jpg

Here is the style of 3 way switch I am more familiar with...

switch2.jpg

maxoom

Scumbag of the Earth
Reaction score
Throw the traditional 3 way in there instead,and replace the import pots while you are at it.You`re putting decent pups in you should put decent parts in also.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Throw the traditional 3 way in there instead,and replace the import pots while you are at it.You`re putting decent pups in you should put decent parts in also.
exactly i dont play my jackson dinky cause i dont wanna wire the 3 way blade funky switch and i cant easily put a toggle in cus the blade cut or whatever, but whenever i get the chance i put in the regular 3 ways. actually i try to buy guitars with them in the first place!!!!:lol: i hate cheap parts on a nice guitar or cheap switches i despise them ha.

SCREW the ibanez switch and through in a 3 way and installing the new pups will be a snap. and if its a blade throw in a TELE 3 way, theres diagrams for those!!

broj15

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys. After talking to our very own MichaelT (the guy who i got the pickups from) I think I was able to get it figured out.