I played a Teuffel Tesla ! WOW!

• Thread starter Kayzer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kayzer

Reaction score
A dude from TGP came over yesterday and brought a couple of pedals and his teuffel tesla 7 string into my gear crib and i am totally blasted by this axe! It felt a bit weired at the first moment but after some time i really started to understand how it works, its the most unique guitar i ever played and it sounds like a wet dream! Too bad these are so über expensive and there is like no used market ;-(

Check out the pics:

CIMG5353.jpg

CIMG5356.jpg

CIMG5364.jpg

CIMG5365.jpg

CIMG5369.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
damn! that´s pretty crazy and awesome!

edit: also, i saw a video about these, where some avant-garde guitarist guy had one of those, and he said it was a guitar that really limited your reach to the upper frets, and made you find other ways to use those frets. obviously a guy whose playing style is so limited he can´t play the guitar without having the thumb reaching over the fretboard (yeah, that´s how it was limiting him.)

the guitar looks insanely awesome, and i really want something like that! i´ve had GAS for a headless modern singlecut for some time now... comfyness all over the place, no?

i wouldn´t want those buttons that make the noises though... i would want an on/off switch that when flipped up would route the signal to a killswitch button like the one already on there, except wired so it only lets signal through when pressed. that would be awesome. i wouldn´t be able to find a use to the hum and feedback buttons though. i would love a short-timed loop button though, that would record and loop like half a second or less when you pressed it, so you´d get glitchy noises, and it would cut your guitar signal out while doing so. then it would stop the loop and cut your guitar signal back on when you released it. this is an idea i´ve had for a loop/delay glitch pedal, and having it on the guitar would work really well too!

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
Looks a bit strange but I wouldn't mind trying it and owning one :cool:

Also is it just me or does it looks like a child that would come out if these 3 guitars would have sex:

IMG2010_00.jpg

+

RedTurbFulll.jpg

+

steinberger_synapse_ss2f.jpg

=

CIMG5356.jpg

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
That's a mixed bag of win right there.Thanks for sharing but where are the clips.I wanna hear this thing in action.

Is there anyone that plays this that i would know?..No not Hammett..someone good!

8stringlover

Banned
Reaction score
That's a mixed bag of win right there.Thanks for sharing but where are the clips.I wanna hear this thing in action.

Is there anyone that plays this that i would know?..No not Hammett..someone good!

enter Teuffel in the youtube search to find many many videos including this chapter about the history and the guitar maker :idea:

Gameboypdc

Reaction score
What's up with all these guitar & bass bodies lately with the huge hump over the top of the guitar neck? People just trying to make their guitars look like they melted on the floor? I'm sure it sounds great though.:yesway:

thesimo

Reaction score
see how the neck is joined onto the body's top half.. Doesen't it feel weird that ur thumb cant come up over the neck anymore when high up the neck?

8stringlover

Banned
Reaction score
I can see why those guitars are interesting yet I dont like the design that much....

I would love to see the guys who say they look so awesome actually playing one of those live and posting video clips :agreed:

We always hear so much :bowdown: but we never see any action from those who say they are so cool.... :shrug:

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
one of the most unique instrument in history of electric guitar, no doubts :yesway:

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
What's up with all these guitar & bass bodies lately with the huge hump over the top of the guitar neck? People just trying to make their guitars look like they melted on the floor? I'm sure it sounds great though.:yesway:

:lol: The Teuffel has been about for over a decade now man, it's hardly new stuff :D

see how the neck is joined onto the body's top half.. Doesen't it feel weird that ur thumb cant come up over the neck anymore when high up the neck?

No, but it depends on how you play. The 'proper' technique is never to hook your hand as it limits motion, although it does let you 'grab' bends a bit more. I never hook my hand so this would be perfect for me, but I'm shit at guitar so I don't deserve a €4k guitar :lol:

Xanithon

Headbobbing Galore
Reaction score
*Japanese Accent* Oh.... My... a-God-uh. *Japanese Accent*

Dude that guitar looks FUCKING AWESOME! You're lucky you got to play it :(

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Why does every guitar demo have to be just blues or old classic rock? I'm sure that instrument is capable of so much more.