I want a new 7-string! Any suggestions?!?

Joey Hohgrefe

Elements
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new 7-string and i don't feel like taking the word of payed professionals lol....

So, i would love to get the opinions of the REAL 7-string users of this world and take it from there... I've been looking into some cheapy models and looking at the high end luthiers as well.... kinda pricey but i would never need another.... like Blackmachine, Rico Jr., Caparison, etc...

So what do you all think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flux_Architect

7-String Samurai
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with an RG7620 if you are looking at the 1527..7620 was Prestige before they had the Prestige series.....and it's way less. (just steer clear of of the 7420 because the Trem is of lower quality, from what I have heard)
I have one and I love it.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
give a try to a schecter...at first you will hate the neck, but, with a couple of minutes...you can understand it and love it. or no. so try one.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd be remiss if I didn't pimp the Jackson SL3AT-7. ;)

Mainly, however, it's because I want one! :lol:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Jackson SLAT-7's are surprisingly nice.
a 7620 is always a 'safe" 7
a Loomis if you like a thicker neck.
I love Bernie Rico Jr.s necks so as far as a CS Luthier goes I'd go that way.

Joey Hohgrefe

Elements
Reaction score
I've been looking at some agiles! can't go wrong with the price on those! all i hear is good things, but i'm skeptical about not playing a guitar before you buy it... unless it's a luthier job then yeah...

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
I've been looking at some agiles! can't go wrong with the price on those! all i hear is good things, but i'm skeptical about not playing a guitar before you buy it... unless it's a luthier job then yeah...
I was too until I found these videos on youtube... all my thoughts and worries were put to rest...:hbang:

My Agile Interceptor 727.... Is a Beast! I fucking Love it!

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

With their return policy, I wouldn't worry about it.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
B.C. Rich Rizzo Stealth nuff said.

Until Jackson turned up with the SLAT3-7, I was going to buy one of those. Be warned, though - the six string version neck dives worse than anything but a Kelly. I can't imagine the 7 is better. They do look sick, though, and the price point is hard to argue with.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I took a chance on both my agiles as well - they were comfortable, and the necks were as you'd expect for a 7-string tele and les paul style guitar. I really want to try one of the interceptor or septor models to see how the necks compare to carvin, schecter, ibanez and EBMM.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with an RG7620 if you are looking at the 1527..7620 was Prestige before they had the Prestige series.....and it's way less. (just steer clear of of the 7420 because the Trem is of lower quality, from what I have heard)
I have one and I love it.

The TRS trem, while lower quality, ain't that bad of a trem. If you're not a heavy trem user, this will last a while. I'm a heavy trem abuser and it took me 8 years to wear out the TRS on my RG470 6 string (pulled it right out of the body :lol:). And when it does wear out, an OFR will directly fit right in. :yesway: