I was playing my RG7321 when...

• Thread starter leandroab
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
...I noticed THIS (look 3rd string saddle):

:ugh:
Now, it's really not a big deal at all, but it sure scared me since it wasn't like this yesterday when I was playing (I'm definitely sure about it)...

So how can that screw simply... unscrew itself? I guess my guitar is alive then... And it's rejecting the Ibanez stock bridge hahaha.... I know it's rejecting the pickups because my volume knob died (well, you turn it all the way down and there's still volume), aside of the horrible buzzing which will be fixed when I redo all the wiring (when my blaze/evo7 arrives :yum:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arteriorrhexis

Reaction score
Same thing that happened to my 7321!
I just shoved a screwdriver under the saddle and lifted it and screwed it back... I've had to several times but other than that I haven't had a problem

Spondus

Reaction score
yeah mine does that:ugh: the only thing i can complain about on the 7321 is bridge and pickups im quite tempted to get a hipshot or replace the saddles, but i dont play it enough to justify it tbh

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
This happened several times to the Hipshot bridge of the guitar I built for Jona (the Ocean) :lol:

The kind of thing which never happens to anybody but only to you right? :lol:

You can get replacement screws pretty easy, Jason from hipshot send a huge supply to me to be sure I dont harrass him anymore if I have this happen again which I doubt would ever happen again :rofl:

But your bridge is not a hipshot :squint: the screws are not the same... You need to get yours from gotoh

jonathan_addams

Reaction score
Same thing happened to the bridge on my bass a while back.

The threading's just slipped on the screw.

You can screw it back up again no problem. Unless the thread's worn - then just go to Gotoh for a new screw.

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
This happened several times to the Hipshot bridge of the guitar I built for Jona (the Ocean) :lol:

The kind of thing which never happens to anybody but only to you right? :lol:

You can get replacement screws pretty easy, Jason from hipshot send a huge supply to me to be sure I dont harrass him anymore if I have this happen again which I doubt would ever happen again :rofl:

But your bridge is not a hipshot :squint: the screws are not the same... You need to get yours from gotoh

Nope, it's a hardtail bridge. And the only thing I had to do was to get an allen wrench and give it a couple of turns to tighten the screw and that was it... What amazes me is that it got loose by itself, which is not a normal thing to do...

Bevo

Reaction score
Use Blue Loktite on it, no othor color or you may have a problem..Some are permanent.
Just use a tiny bit.

yacker

Reaction score
The screw came undone folks, it's the end of the world, never buy a rg7321!!!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
It isn't all that big of a deal. The bridge quality just isn't that great. It still works fine and stands fine. This happened to mine. Solution: buy some new saddles. Graphtech. Solves everything. I personally did a lot more to mine which involved getting a new bridge, but if I hadn't done that, I would have gotten new saddles and been fine with it. Don't let something like this discourage you. I fucking love my 7321 more than any other guitar I have owned. I've had many other high end ones too.

Vstro

Reaction score
This happens to my 7321 from time to time. I don't see it as a real problem, just normal wear from playing.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
It scares me how those screws stick out :eek:
This is how my rg 7321 bridge looks like (ignore the dust, action as low as possible):
P24-06-09_1416.jpg