I woke up in a productive mood today and.....VOILA! New everything for my Ibanez!

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I purchased an Ibanez RGR1570 a few months ago from a user on here. When I got it, I was pretty bummed out to find out the neck and bridge humbuckers weren't originally green, they were spray painted green....and they sure as hell smelled like it. It made the entire guitar smell bad. It was driving me nuts, but the guitar played so incredible well. I decided that I liked the green, but I need to get rid of the pickups.

DSCI2121.jpg

It tooks me months to find a company willing to make me a custom pickguard. I eventually went with a company off of eBay that had a good rep. It took them 3 months to deliver it. Everything looked fine at first, but when I sized everything up a few days later...it was a disaster. Not a single piece lined up. I didn't even want to bother dealing with the guy who made it again, so I figured I'd just fix it myself when I got bored.

Today, I had lots of energy and nothing to do, so I went shopping.

2012-03-10_17-10-28_177.jpg

I went out and bought a new soldering iron (backordered), driller, Dremel, heat shrink, knobs, pickups, inlay stickers, and some screws.

I didn't even think to look at the new Bareknuckle Miracle Man pickups when I got them a few days ago. I pulled out the Tone Zone, Evo, and PAF pickups, then I realized that the tabs are the Bareknuckles were square. Dremel time!

2012-03-10_17-23-04_764.jpg

I also tapped the holes out to make them a tad larger to work with the screws I use.

After about 3 hours of resizing, soldering, drilling, restringing, and setting up....finally done.

2012-03-10_18-47-11_80.jpg

That final picture is very dark. I ran out of natural light. It's much brighter and more vibrant in person.

Also, while I was at it, I pulled out the Dimarzio Crunch Lab / Liquidfire pickups from my Bernie Rico Jr Hesperian 727 and installed Miracle Man 7s as well.

2012-03-10_13-12-11_790.jpg

2012-03-10_20-29-05_693.jpg

I think I dig these pickups so far. It's hard to tell for sure playing through my studio monitors though. I was expecting the treble to be VERY ice picky, but I was able to EQ these very easily to get some awesome tones. I'm much happier with these than the Aftermaths I installed in my 1527 a few weeks ago.

I'm really looking forward to hitting the studio with these two guitar early next month.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Wow looks nice!! Regarding the aftermath's in a 1527, i've heard that Aftermath's aren't exactly at home in basswood.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Wow looks nice!! Regarding the aftermath's in a 1527, i've heard that Aftermath's aren't exactly at home in basswood.

A few people have told me that. I also have an Aftermath 6 bridge just sitting around. I'm gonna pop that into my BRJ 627 whenever it arrives. I figured it's worth hearing in mahogany.