Ibanez 2022 discussion.

What model do you want to see this 2022?

• RGA Prestige

Votes: 106 31.5%
  • RGDR Prestige and Axiom Label

Votes: 54 16.0%
  • New Jake Bowen Signature

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Tesseract Signature

Votes: 45 13.4%
  • S 7 strings with reverse headstock

Votes: 96 28.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Like you mean store inventory order? shiiiiiiiit.

Correct, We get guitars direct from Hoshino USA now, no more middle man.

I spoke with the rep yesterday and that is my ETA. I will likely not get all stock orders fulfilled either, if customer orders are put in for those models.

As a reference, I'm still waiting for models I ordered in 2020 from Ibanez, as well as a good chunk of the 2021 models that were announced.

I normally have 40 Ibanez guitars in stock, I currently have 4, 3 of which are AZ, two prestiege 7 string AZ, an entry level AZ and an RGDR4327

But that's it! bums me out.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man that stinks. My last post was true since I'm always scoping out old/used guitars but if supply weren't an issue I'd take a more serious look at new. I would hope by 2023 this stuff isn't an issue in any industry.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember, Efkay (the old Canadian Ibanez distributor) was equally if not more shitty to deal with, so dealing direct with Hoshino is a at worst lateral move.

EDIT: Correction, it's Efkay, not Elkay.

Last edited:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score

I spoke with the rep yesterday and that is my ETA. I will likely not get all stock orders fulfilled either, if customer orders are put in for those models.

As a reference, I'm still waiting for models I ordered in 2020 from Ibanez, as well as a good chunk of the 2021 models that were announced.

I normally have 40 Ibanez guitars in stock, I currently have 4, 3 of which are AZ, two prestiege 7 string AZ, an entry level AZ and an RGDR4327

Just remember, Elkay (the old Canadian Ibanez distributor) was equally if not more shitty to deal with, so dealing direct with Hoshino is a at worst lateral move.

I got my Strandberg from a retailer here in Montreal in September of last year, and I met up with the store owner a couple of times while trying out different models before the purchase.

In chatting with him, he mentioned a few times that the old Canadian Ibanez distributor (might that Elkay you mention?) had to close up shop due to the pandemic, so getting Ibanez into Canada is even more difficult now.

I have no idea how substantiated that claim is, or whether it was just empty small talk, but it's true he hadn't got any new Ibanez shipments in quite a while, and AZs were one of his specialties, so the guy was pretty upset about it.

Could be part of the reason why the Ibanez supply chain is so behind the curve for Canada. Not sure how it's been for the US.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
the old Canadian Ibanez distributor (might that Elkay you mention?)
Heh, my bad, I realized I misspelled it. It's Efkay, not Elkay.

There's used to be a local store that was an Ibanez distributor for a while, although they closed up shop years ago. They signed on with Efkay to be an Ibanez dealer and got a grand total of one order in before Efkay simply stopped taking their orders or even acknowledging their existence despite still having them as a listed dealership on their website.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

Wow crazy. Thanks for the heads up!
What store do you work at out of curiosity?

Matt08642

Reaction score
For any of my Ontario, Canadian forum friends, I placed an order for ALL new models at the store I work for.

ETA possibly end of 2022 early 2023.

Ouch.

If you don't want to post publicly, can you PM the name of the store? I'd love to check out more modern Ibanez stuff once anything's in!

Shredrrr

Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of ibanez primarily because of their headstock, but I'd be lying if I didn't acknowledge the nice black guitars they have. So sleek.

https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/rg5170b_00_01.html
https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/rgrtb621_1p_01.html

but also $1200 for an indonesia is not it for me

I agree, nice guitar but $1200 a bit much.

Iron Label stuff is a little pricey when you compare it to the LTD Black Metal stuff.
https://www.espguitars.com/products/page/1?categories=black-metal-series

This seems better other than the lack of neck pickup, tone controls, and real ebony fretboard
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LMHTBKMBLKS--esp-ltd-m-ht-black-metal-black-satin