Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Dayn

Reaction score
There's about five GSR200 bases, and a light blue flame acoustic Talman and a darker blue flame classical.

But those two RGRs interest me. I'm waiting for the price to be over $3k AU...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this on the sweetwater ad for the rgr.

“Want to knock this axe out of tune? That’s no easy feat thanks to its Lo-Pro Edge double-locking tremolo complete with discrete high-mass construction that provides exceptional sustain and stability while shrinking the system's profile to keep hardware out of your way.”

Is that how theyre describing the way the bridge has always been or does it mean they made some changes to the design?

All I know is it sounds like a long winded way of saying the tremolo is heavy as fuck.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Here's all the new Prestige level, almost makes up for nothing at the Winter show.

TQM2CUF - $3999.99 List - $2999 MAP - AVAILABLE - Your Price $$$
RGR5130KM - $3199.99 List - $2199 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
RGR5130GRM - $3199.99 List - $2199 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
AZ2402GRM - $2666.65 List - $1999 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
AZ2204NWGRM - $2666.65 List - $1999 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$
AZ2204NWLMGR - $2866.65 List - $2149 MAP - ORDERED - Your Price $$$

KentBrockman

Bite back with Kent Brockman!
Reaction score
RGR5130 looks very interesting. I'm liking the fact that's a more conventional guitar plus offset dot inlays 😍😍. I'm not a reversed headstock person though. Also curious as to why they didn't make the Prestige logo white/pearl against those dark colors.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
What in the shitting fuck are those pickguards doing going that low? Is Ibanez leaving the covered area unpainted to save 0.30$ on finishing them? Are these guitars for bear pawed mutants? Just give us neon gloss in cool colors, maybe some sparkles, colorshift too while I'm dreaming. We are not complicated creatures, stop trying to change us. Every time they try to be innovative anymore they just bugger the dog, I swear.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
What in the shitting fuck are those pickguards doing going that low? Is Ibanez leaving the covered area unpainted to save 0.30$ on finishing them? Are these guitars for bear pawed mutants? Just give us neon gloss in cool colors, maybe some sparkles, colorshift too while I'm dreaming. We are not complicated creatures, stop trying to change us. Every time they try to be innovative anymore they just bugger the dog, I swear.
Nothing to see here

1717209822700.png

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I guess it isn't actually innovative, but for some reason it totally clashes on these otherwise completely reserved looking guitars.

If there's a more nuanced point then I'm missing it because of the beeramid I've been working on for the last two hours.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure the $999 Genesis doesn't have a case, lo-pro, aanj, or reverse headstock. But it's also not $2,400. I don't see fishmans and a mac ebony board as huge upgrades either.

To each their own. I'm sure they'll still sell wonderfully. ss frets are a nice touch for those who have been lobbying for them I guess.

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
Sure the $999 Genesis doesn't have a case, lo-pro, aanj, or reverse headstock. But it's also not $2,400. I don't see fishmans and a mac ebony board as huge upgrades either.

To each their own. I'm sure they'll still sell wonderfully. ss frets are a nice touch for those who have been lobbying for them I guess.
The don't have stainless and a trem that costs $600 either, [and they're $2200 not $2400]

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I honestly don't know what I'm crying about. Safe bet all of them have wide ass granny necks. Gotta keep playing to the lowest common denominator, I guess. On the plus side, the more boring the RG line gets the more folks will be converted to past model Sabers as I am. Dig the grave.

Moongrum

Reaction score
As someone uninitiated with Ibanez, they look cool to me.
I'm left-handed, though, so I have no stake in this lol.

Is there a meaningful distinction between RG and RGR?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
If you can't write something heavy enough to frolic my thighs with 600$, at the very least, you shouldn't be perusing this thread. We are Ibanez. Affordability is our equalizer.

Or it used to be, now we pay 2000$ for olive drab on a guitar made correctly- apparently.

Edit: SPANGLED G.I.

Last edited: