Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Ibanez Rules

rich@ibanezrules.com
Vendor
Reaction score
I think they had some first hand experience when they were partners in the Premium facility of the new Cort Indo factory. Even with J Custom masters there training it was 5 years before they could build an acceptable guitar, and they're still not building incredible guitars. Satisfactory and good bang for the buck? Yes.

Would you like Prestige to take 10 years off before they're building satisfactory guitars again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
Ibanez prestige prices also started hitting absurd levels. $2k for a new prestige when I could spend a little more for a used.J custom.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only JCs that are ~$2k are either cool/oddball stuff from the 90's or boring RG8570s (with various names :lol: ) with ho-hum figuring.

For the same cash I rather find a weird old regular Fujigen build and fix it up.

mane

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The only JCs that are ~$2k are either cool/oddball stuff from the 90's or boring RG8570s (with various names :lol: ) with ho-hum figuring.

For the same cash I rather find a weird old regular Fujigen build and fix it up.
With those ho-hum offset inlays. ;)

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Aren't they also making Schecter's new Classic series? They produce for everyone these days. No new MIJ models for Ibanez is poopy, but I like what Fujigen does, so I don't mind seeing their work getting out there!

NoodleFace

Delicious Noodles
Reaction score
If you want stainless it's $2000. Find a JC with stainless used for anywhere close.
I do find the SS upcharge also comical. My local luthier charges an extra $50 to use the stuff but companies treat it like a super premium surcharge

jl-austin

Reaction score
Sadly another year without even a MII 540PII I suppose.

I wish I could find a Fender neck, Floyd Rose route custom body. :(