Ibanez 2024 NAMM

Musiscience

Reaction score
Let’s be honest, the evertune is a very important piece of well designed technology for people that make music that is going to sound absolutely pitch perfect for the 3 people that listen to it 1-2 times.
Do Ben Weinman, Head, Josh Smith, Mike Stringer, the boys from Rise Against etc. fall within that category?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

77zark77

Reaction score
The Evertune is the most comfy (for the right hand) fixed bridge, and once adjusted as it should be, there's nothing wrong
I was afraid of it before having one, you know....ignorance :lol:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please forgive me for my previous ideas about the Evertune bridge, to be honest, I never tried one. However, and as I've said before, it bothers me that it's not possible to swap its saddles for some with piezos. The Evertune functions by themselves are what they are. Personally, on my fixed bridge guitars, I don't feel the need of such bridge and the others are full floating trems, which is what I gravitate towards to most of the time, even if I'm not such a trem abuser...

... it does take a lot of wood out of a guitar though, more than a floyd rose I suspect...

NeglectedField

Reaction score
@JimF Those are really good points. I'm not against ETs or their utility, and I had forgotten those advantages of them. I don't see those things as huge concerns because my playing leans towards pretty sterile. I don't prefer ET bridges personally and they get installed on a lot of guitars I would otherwise opt for, that's the only reason I've become so take-it-or-leave it about them. If the bridge is doing all that I'm kind of wondering if it just turns other playing into sterile sounding as well, so it's again mostly pointless, but I don't know.

I do think TT frets are totally worth it, though. I just didn't mean to imply that they were the easier philosophy in contrast, but are a ground up solution and make a significant positive difference compared to ET bridges.
Just a thing about TT frets, wouldn't they be an absolute bitch to re-dress? That is, unless they come in stainless steel as standard, I guess.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Just a thing about TT frets, wouldn't they be an absolute bitch to re-dress? That is, unless they come in stainless steel as standard, I guess.

You're askin the wrong dude round here about living with or working on a TT guitar. I just know they sound phenomenal and look butt.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

They switched to steel years ago. The original alloy ones haven't been made in quite some time.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After doing some tracking on my RG7620 last Saturday, I have to come here to say: yeah that was fucking annoying, I may actually want an ET guitar just for tracking riffs way up the neck

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Reaction score

Yeah, if they came stainless as standard, they'd be even more of a bitch to redress. And they'd probably need it because I've never seen a standard production guitar that didn't benefit from a level/dress.

nightsprinter

Reaction score
I'm still gonna bang on about wanting an Ibanez 7 to come with an evertune. I see they did the polar lights rg sixer with it, but there are enough 6ertunes on the market. Give us the 7!!

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
p_region_APEX30_MGM_1P_01_sub_1.jpg

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm still gonna bang on about wanting an Ibanez 7 to come with an evertune. I see they did the polar lights rg sixer with it, but there are enough 6ertunes on the market. Give us the 7!!
That or at least an FX Edge for 7 string ffs!

nightsprinter

Reaction score
Eh, Munky is an og and they mostly play A standard. You don't really need anything longer for that.

I don't disagree, but isn't it against SSO rules to ask for something and then not complain about various aspects once it is given?

I'd just put bridge cables on it anyway like I always do.