Ibanez 2027XL neck profile?

• Thread starter gnd79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnd79

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi there! first post here.i would like to know about the neck profile of this guitar.is it rounded with less shoulders or flat with shoulders? I like the necks like jl7 (my best so far) the last version or the km7 mkiii artist.
I didn't like km7 mki or rgd7 neck for example.
My thumb hurts with this profile necks.
Any information?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gnd79

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thank you! i don't know about forum how it works,i just read it when i need something.i have syndrome carpal tunnel also so its painful ...

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's not as shouldery as my M80M, but it is a 7string RG neck, which is flat so you got a little bit of shoulder... Cant send you any comparison pics cause I sold it. To me it feels similar to my RG7621 if that helps...

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
It's not as shouldery as my M80M, but it is a 7string RG neck, which is flat so you got a little bit of shoulder... Cant send you any comparison pics cause I sold it. To me it feels similar to my RG7621 if that helps...

Was there something about it that you didn't like that caused you to sell it? Just doing a little market research.

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Was there something about it that you didn't like that caused you to sell it? Just doing a little market research.
To make it short: I needed money. And the '99 7621 I found for a crazy price.

It's just everything I need, it has the right amount of compression, dynamic and top end, the neck is super nice, it feels the perfect amount of worn in...
The 2027 was so good, but... it's hard to put in words, really. It sounded a bit picky for the stuff I do. Even when I changed pickups. And as much as I loved the scale length and the craftsmanship (it was built perfectly), I always grabbed the 7621 and everything felt right and I just wrote music or played shitty riffs. It might have been that I am also just a fixed bridge / classic trem system guy.

I think the market is good for 2027s. Mine sold in three days and I did not loose any money on it.

Mwoit

Reaction score
I have an Ibanez RG2027XL.

That kind of describes it. Flat with little bit of shoulder. I don't know Schecter neck profiles, but it's like a... D shape I think?

gnd79

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The only schecter with D shape neck i had was km7 mki. I had jl7 mki,hellraiser c7, with thicker neck but c shape and now i have jl7 2015 and km7 mkiii artist.also c shape ultra slim. One none D shape ibanez i tried was the Ibanez XPTB720 in a guitar store for some minutes

Mwoit

Reaction score
I can't really compare unfortunately - I had a Schecter Loomis C-7NT years ago (like 10 years ago!) and I can barely remember. I think that was rounder than the Ibanez RG2027XL.

gnd79

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's ok ,i think i understand the shape.i had also 2 ibanez 7 string before.Rga7 and apex2.the rg2027xl is a beauty for me but the neck will not feel comfy i think .and modify a new guitar is no what i want. Maybe a used one in a good price