Ibanez 8 String Out of This Swirled Swirl Project "Octaverse" RGA8 (plus RG7421 7)

Pikka Bird

Vaya Con Cornholio
Reaction score
Hell yeah!! Only thing that gives me pause: Why didn't the EMG cavities get filled before dipping it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Reaction score
It sold through my store to a gentlemen in Washington. He called me up and bought it over the phone that's why it's not up. It was only up for a few days. At least I saved on those insane fee's.
The cavities didn't get filled because it was an area 51 customs body. Alan only had three bodies left. There was only one 8 to chose from and I always wanted to do a build with one of his bodies.
I do have one left. It's an all access Universe. I am using 7620 parts for it. I've already done multicolor pyramids on the neck and a universe headstock logo. It's going to look sick!
Another good thing about having these bodies was that I was able to match the colors for my own swirls a lot easier than looking at my monitor. It's a totally different experience when you've got them in your hands.

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Reaction score
What kind of specs would you like to see in one? I've got several projects in the works. I'll post some pics here in a minute

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Reaction score
Here's some primed bodies ready to go....

100_9413.jpg

Here's some swirls ready for clear. Most are custom jobs already spoken for

100_9479.jpg

These are for Rick, ones a PMC 7 string and the other is a PAW. I did the Jem conversion on both.

100_9496.jpg

100_9503.jpg

XxXPete

Reaction score
Hey Michael any chance that you are going to make another 8 or a 7 available? thanks

michael777

Livewire Guitars,LLC
Reaction score
I've got a 7 w MC pyramid inlays that I'm finishing and a couple other 7's that will be done soon. I also have a few more 7 bodies in the works and a RGA8 body with a tilt jack and monkey grip. Any ideas for the colors on the 8?

Metalguy

Reaction score
Any ideas for the colors on the 8?

I saw a guitar on ET Guitars site that was swirled with a lava/fire color scheme. Looked awesome.

Where in Cocoa is your shop? I'm just down the road in Port St Lucie. Be cool to see this stuff in person..

chopshop777

Reaction score
Thank you guys for your response.
Any opinions on what I should do for the swirl theme for the next 8 string project? Also, what do you guys think about a lions claw on a RGA8? Would that work or would it just look weird?:hbang:

Dude, do what Steve Vai did to one of his guitars, it's called the DNA model, what he did, is he went to the hospital and gave his blood and got like a vile of his blood and gave it to Ibanez and they mixed his blood with the paint, there's a video about it on youtube. do that I mean what could be more custom made than your own blood ? call it DNAverse. LOL

Vicious7

Vegetables
Reaction score
Dude, do what Steve Vai did to one of his guitars, it's called the DNA model, what he did, is he went to the hospital and gave his blood and got like a vile of his blood and gave it to Ibanez and they mixed his blood with the paint, there's a video about it on youtube. do that I mean what could be more custom made than your own blood ? call it DNAverse. LOL

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Mebbe some more closeups of that pink one? :(