Ibanez AZ24027-TFF Prestige

• Thread starter TheReal7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all! It's been a few years since I've posted here. 🙈

So I've gone through a few 7 strings in since getting my first one (UV777PBK) in 1997 and the AZ prestige 7 string is the best I've ever played. Got one last September and had to get a second when the opportunity came up a couple of months ago.

IMG_20220413_102539_986.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Somehow this model makes me want to jam some fusion licks, but that probably has a lot to do with Jack Gardiner using a six string version in his videos. Looks great.

Just out of curiosity, what's the benefit of having two of the same? Planning to wear one out? ;)

RevelGTR

Reaction score
How stable is that trem?
I’m not the owner but I’ve owned both 7 string AZ’s. Like with the 6’s, I found them heinously unstable tuning wise. Gotoh makes a quality trem obviously so I assume it’s not the bridge itself, but both of my 7 string AZ’s were considerably less stable than the vintage style trem on my Strat.

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
How stable is that trem?
Most stable trems ive used. My last youtube improv solo I grabbed the guitar that's in standard tuning, which I hadn't played in about a week, and just hit record and played. Everything was perfectly in tune. In fact these guitars so good and stay in tune. The sustain is unreal too. You'd think it was a fixed bridge.

Last edited:

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
Bridges aren't stable, or not, setups are.

Every AZ I've worked on, including all three of mine, needed the nut slots widened a bit, even with standard "9" sets.
This ^

The slots are cut too tight from what I'm reading from other AZ owners. I run 9s and have no issues with tuning stability. The guitars came with 10s on it it wasn't great. If I were to use 10s I would definitely have the slots widened slightly. It is literally the only thing I can nitpick about the AZ guitars. These are the perfect guitars for me.

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the HSS AZ24047 to be more available, really interested in these. I love the AZ line in general being a Suhr fan, but especially these 7s.

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the HSS AZ24047 to be more available, really interested in these. I love the AZ line in general being a Suhr fan, but especially these 7s.
Right on. I wanted one of those but they are sold out everywhere. There was a demo on Sweetwater but someone snagged before i sold enough gear to buy it. BTW the first AZ24027 i got was Sweetwater demo and got it for a steel. I believe they use one guitar from a particular line to produce their own in-house promotional videos for it. So in my mind they pick one of the best ones of the lot to do this and in the process sometimes put a little nick here or there and have to sell it as a demo. This one had a tiny mark by the truss rod access. The guitar plays like butter.

Doug Craft

The Squirminator
Reaction score
I enjoy my AZ24027 - looks like yours, OP! It took me awhile to get the action and relief set so it felt comfy to me. I like the Duncan pickups, but have only found 2-3 good tones I like for the Alter Switch and the 10-way switching. It's a good, solid guitar and I have had no tuning issues, other than the intonation for the low B string...

Ibanez AZ 004.jpg

TheReal7

Mr. Melody
Contributor
Reaction score
I enjoy my AZ24027 - looks like yours, OP! It took me awhile to get the action and relief set so it felt comfy to me. I like the Duncan pickups, but have only found 2-3 good tones I like for the Alter Switch and the 10-way switching. It's a good, solid guitar and I have had no tuning issues, other than the intonation for the low B string...

View attachment 110571
Nice. What intonation issues are you having?