Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: Ibanez BTB 675
Modifications (if any): Passive Nordstrand Raw Big Singles
Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hardshell Case
Location (City,State or City,Country): Nampa, ID
International OK? : Continental US only
Contact Info (No Phone #s): PM here
References (eBay or other forum userid): I've done business here and on FB gear exchanges
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $700 shipped
Pictures:

This is not your typical BTB 675. Already a great sounding instrument, I felt that the active pickups and preamp were limiting the natural mighty tone of the bass, so I contacted Nordstrand and asked them about custom pickups.
These are what they refer to as their "raw" series, and are custom versions of their big singles. Think of them like a souped up modern j bass. Punch, power, and sustain. Tight lows and plenty of bite while still maintaining sweet highs. Pretty much one of the best sounding basses I've ever played. Dances circles around the old preamp and pickup.

The bass is passive. The two knobs that function (large black) are corresponding volume knobs (cts pots). If you turn down one of the knobs all the way the volume goes off. But you can blend any amount in between you want and there are sweet spots all over.

The pickups were a bit of a tight fit, so I did have to shave a bit away in order to fit them in. They are a little trouble to move up and down as a result, but I think they're in just about the perfect position anyway. If you look very close you can see the etching. It is pictured below.

Comes with a hard case, an extra set of Kalium strings, and I'll even throw in a fret wrap because I'm just a nice guy. $700 shipped in the lower 48 US. I am selling this to help fund a modular synth so hit me up. I'd like it gone pronto.

m83Vpx5.jpg

rYkKN9G.jpg

ZVE8KSr.jpg

DFX6n4p.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Pics won't work for me.

Working fine over here. You're in London, so I can't ship to you.

I have tried other image hosting sites but have had lots of problems with them. If anyone is interested in the bass please PM me your email address and I can send you some pictures.

Please, no time wasters. Only contact me if you are actually interested in purchasing this.

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
Hey guys I've had some trade offers, but at this point the only thing I'd probably do for trades would be Strymon pedals, as I can use those with my modular synth setup. Cheers!

Speculum Speculorum

Reaction score
This is still around. A guy who posed some interested had to pass on it because he realized the neck width would be tough on his recently surgically-repaired fretting wrist.

But he did remind me that I have a pretty stellar recording of this bass from back when I still had an Axe-fx II. So if you are curious how this bass sounds (which is incredibly badass, I might add) hit me and I'll send you a dropbox link.