Ibanez EP7 (Vai) Acoustic

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
519467.jpg

Anyone else drooling over this? With a little luck, maybe they'll make a seven string version.

Ibanez EP7

I can't justify paying 1k for an Ibanez acoustic, but damn, I'd love to play one and see if it changes my mind.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I remeber this guitar being demoed at IBANEZ...it was on the cutting room floor for over three years...I have yet to play one. But Ibanez makes another 7 string acoustic very similar to it....without a pre amp in it..I worked at Ibanez and still hate their guitars....

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich said:
I remeber this guitar being demoed at IBANEZ...it was on the cutting room floor for over three years...I have yet to play one. But Ibanez makes another 7 string acoustic very similar to it....without a pre amp in it..I worked at Ibanez and still hate their guitars....

:lol: Yeah, their acoustic guitars leave a lot to be desired. However, I am absolutely in love with their higher end electric guitars. Always have been since I bought my first guitar over a decade ago. If you don't mind me asking, where is Ibanez's plant, how long did you work there, and what did you do there? I'm interested.

The Sleeper

Reaction score
I just got one & it sounds, plays & looks amazing, especially considering its made in Korea, so it won't be a 100% anally perfect finish. Mine has some very small dust fragments on the body which were laquered over. You won't notice them unless you look carefully. The guitars finish is a satin one, that was a bit of a let down as I believe a gloss finish would have made the grains & details of the quilted maple top, back & sides stand out alot more, but these are only very, very minor gripes when it comes to the package as a whole. The guitar really does look great in the flesh. The inlay work is excellent with suprisingly very little gap filler considering the intricacy of the inlays & the fret work is spot on too.

This is my 1st acoustic purchase. I never found one that I felt had the perfect balance of sound and playability.......untill I tried this one. This acoustic blows away some seriously expensive competition IMHO. If this pic is any indication, I belive a nylon string version isn't too far behind. :cool: :cool:

Catch ya's later........Joe :)

Attachments

• ibanez_jan16_03LRG.jpg
    ibanez_jan16_03LRG.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 29

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
UV777BK _and_ one of these?

You, sir, have entirely too much cool stuff. ;)

Virtue

Prog Nut
Reaction score
The Sleeper said:
I just got one & it sounds, plays & looks amazing, especially considering its made in Korea, so it won't be a 100% anally perfect finish. Mine has some very small dust fragments on the body which were laquered over. You won't notice them unless you look carefully. The guitars finish is a satin one, that was a bit of a let down as I believe a gloss finish would have made the grains & details of the quilted maple top, back & sides stand out alot more, but these are only very, very minor gripes when it comes to the package as a whole. The guitar really does look great in the flesh. The inlay work is excellent with suprisingly very little gap filler considering the intricacy of the inlays & the fret work is spot on too.

This is my 1st acoustic purchase. I never found one that I felt had the perfect balance of sound and playability.......untill I tried this one. This acoustic blows away some seriously expensive competition IMHO. If this pic is any indication, I belive a nylon string version isn't too far behind. :cool: :cool:

Catch ya's later........Joe :)

Might be early since you just picked it up, but how's the onboard EQ on it?

The Sleeper

Reaction score
Chris said:
UV777BK _and_ one of these?

You, sir, have entirely too much cool stuff. ;)

Hey Chris,
Funnily enough dude, this is the first guitar I have bought for a little over 5 years!

Catch ya man........Joe :)

The Sleeper

Reaction score
Virtue said:
Might be early since you just picked it up, but how's the onboard EQ on it?

I actually had it sent straight to a luthier from the music shop, so I haven't had a chance to mess around with it in depth. I'm having a strap button installed in the heel of the guitar as I don't want to tie a strap to its headstock. I also want to get those small dust fragments rubbed back slightly, you can't really see them but you can feel the ones on the back of the neck & it's real annoying to me.

From what I heard when I briefly plugged it in at the store where I bought it, it sounded real nice & seems very versatile. In all honesty dude, I was so blown away by how it sounded acoustically that I forgot to think about plugging it in until just before the store was going to close. I should have in back again in a couple of weeks & I'll be able to get more in depth with it then. I did notice that it didn't have the "popping" typically associated with piezo pickups when you pick or strum agressively, this pickup system has a very natural response. Ibanez' website mentioned that Steve Vai used it to record direct to board, that in itself is saying something.

Catch ya later........Joe :)

Virtue

Prog Nut
Reaction score
The Sleeper said:
Ibanez' website mentioned that Steve Vai used it to record direct to board, that in itself is saying something.

Catch ya later........Joe :)

I wonder what "board" it is. Somehow I doubt I'd get Steve's tone plugging into an audiobuddy.

Beautiful guitar mate, glad to see you taking the time to make it perfect too.

Virtue

Prog Nut
Reaction score
The Sleeper said:
Probably into that big monstrosity of a console he has in the Mothership studio. :yum:

Catch ya later.........Joe :)

:agreed:

Make sure you put up some pictures of that sucker when you get her back. :)