Ibanez J-Custom 8 string

• Thread starter LordHar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
For the price,I'd pass that and get an M8M.
I don't use a neck pup,hate the vine inlay and and tbh it's a bit too fancy for my tastes.
This doesn't mean that this thing aint wonderful and classy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
For the price,I'd pass that and get an M8M.
I don't use a neck pup,hate the vine inlay and and tbh it's a bit too fancy for my tastes.
This doesn't mean that this thing aint wonderful and classy.

You would seriously pay another $1500 for an M8M? :nuts:

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Well are the J Customs neck through and 29" scale? I can't find the specs on the J Customs.

I can almost guarantee they're bolt-on, 27" scale. But even still, I don't think the M8M is worth those two features for that much more. Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Norstorm

Reaction score
I understand the specs on these guitars... Though RG2228A was released, I would actually love to see this one with passive pickups. The prob. as always, would be the big ass routing the EMGs leave behind.
Maybe the deal with EMG is to valuable, but never the less.. Blackouts made for the passive routing would have been better.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
Rg2228-Basswood
JCRG8-Mahogany w/Maple top
Most likely a different neck shape.
Higher quility woods and build.
Yep totally the same guitar with a different finish. :lol:
Ok so a correction via Ibanezrules.

The body will be ash with a AAA maple top. :yesway:

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
8.png

cypher858

Reaction score
To repeat 90 percent of all the comments on this thread so far:
God damn those look incredible. I personally love the tree of life inlay. EMG's suck.
For that price they should have at LEAST put 808x's in there. But I suppose you can always just 18v mod the standard 808's and get a similar result...
Anywho, load that thing up with some dimarzios or bkps or some of those new seymour duncan distortion 8's and I'll be selling my house to get ahold of one... That or i'll just go get a tosin signature. good god that tosin sig...