Ibanez J-Custom 8 string

• Thread starter LordHar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

devolutionary

No longer 7-less
Reaction score
First time I've heard/read this...

I love that inlay with all my heart.

That's because those of us who thoroughly dislike that inlay (or JEMs. or Vai. or whatever) would usually rather not get hung, drawn, and quartered for committing SSO heresy. But fuck it. Someone opened the flood gates, so game on.

The vine inlay sucks donkey balls. Get rid of that, I might be interested, but that inlay is just as pathetic as Schecter crosses and Cooley pseudo-suns.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
"Ibanez doesn't make guitars built exactly to my specifications for 8 dollars a pop, therefore fuck Ibanez."

simonXsludge

(((Ω)))
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the vine inlays either. If those were DiMarzio-loaded, I'd be tempted to finally get my hands on a J.Custom, but not with active routes. Still awesome that they would put out a J.Custom 8, for half the price of the M8M pretty much. Thumbs up!

Mr Richard

Reaction score
Give me a Prestige with maple board and offset dots and we are in business.

Plus passives, a HSH config and some fancy colors :)

77zark77

Reaction score
^:scratch:

DV016_Jpg_Large_1352132365098_A.jpg
After the JEM7V7, that's one I want with a big "W"

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I would like to give Ibanez a try, but the higher end 8s have that stupid faux tremolo bridge...why can't they make a regular ol' hard tail on some of the nicer ones?

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I really like that bridge. I haven't had to touch the main tuners on my M8M or 2228a since I got them.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
^ yea. Hate the trem system on those & for that kind of money I'd get another custom.