Ibanez Pentatone PTEQ

• Thread starter sonoftheoldnorth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
OK I got one of these through Sweetwater. Ran it through my JP2C's loop and I gotta say, it's quite the powerful tool! I dropped out 1.2kH for kicks to get that extra scooped Hetfield tone. I'm trying to find a frequency where the pick attack is so scratchy. Once I find that - BOOM - this amp is perfect! Anyways, I do recommend to fellow 7stringers.

Shask

Reaction score
OK I got one of these through Sweetwater. Ran it through my JP2C's loop and I gotta say, it's quite the powerful tool! I dropped out 1.2kH for kicks to get that extra scooped Hetfield tone. I'm trying to find a frequency where the pick attack is so scratchy. Once I find that - BOOM - this amp is perfect! Anyways, I do recommend to fellow 7stringers.
It is hard for me to play any amp these days without extra EQ. They all sound so flat and too middy, lol :lol:

DarkstarII

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It is hard for me to play any amp these days without extra EQ. They all sound so flat and too middy, lol :lol:
I agree. After A-B’ing the level-matched eq versus without, I vastly preferred the tone with it active. I loved the JP2C before; now it’s giving me goosebumps…

Edit to agree with others that this pedal is indeed very will built!

Last edited:

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
Mine finally arrived this afternoon. Very nice solid pedal. Only tried it quickly in the front of home amp so far. Very nice sounding. Not noisy at all. Both GE-7 and MXR 10-Band I have are quite noisy. In front; great to either tighten up low end without TS mid bump, of which it can also do well. Good to do the 33 EQ curve style too. I'll be putting it in loop of main amp next time. No complaints thus far.

PF Chang

Reaction score
This is definitely one of the more interesting EQs I have seen in awhile. Only negative I really see is only +6db is available on the level. I wonder if this can handle line level signals.

Master Effects EQFH (Furman PQ-3 clone) has more if you need it.

IMG_1203_edited.png