WTB Ibanez Prestige 8 string

• Thread starter Progvibe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't but I'd also recommend trying and RGA8 if you haven't already. The stock pickups suck but once you swap them out it's a lot of guitar for not a lot of money. I frickin love mine.

Progvibe

Reaction score
I don't but I'd also recommend trying and RGA8 if you haven't already. The stock pickups suck but once you swap them out it's a lot of guitar for not a lot of money. I frickin love mine.
I’ve been eyeing an RGA8 on reverb for the past couple days. Only thing that worries me about it is the bridge. Have you had issues with setups and stuff on yours?

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have not. I intonated it myself and it works really well. I did bring it in to replace the electronics after I got it, the stock pickups are so bad. I had SD Blackouts installed and it was a completely new instrument... Sounds gnarly in drop E and it works great for clean/ambient stuff as well.

kr16

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not fully sure if I want to sell yet, but going to respond anyways to keep a mental note for myself if I decide to hahaha, so let me know if you'd be interested and I'll keep you in mind once I decide.
RG852-WH. Absolute dead mint condition (no body damage on the edges like normal used ibanez) lol, barely any fret wear at all. I had the best tech in my state swap in Fishman Fluence Abasi's with a Schaller M 5 way switch. (Didn't have to mod body at all). It has some EB strap buttons that have a touch of glue instead of the default ibanez ones, so would have to head the glue up a tad if you want to replace.
Should have my mind made up after christmas lol. Thanks!

SlashLP97

Reaction score
There's an RG852 for sale in the Ibanez: Buy, Sell, Trade Facebook group if you're still looking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_090705_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_090705_Facebook.jpg
    991.6 KB · Views: 16

shalashaska_

Reaction score
Don't know if you still need info, but I can alternatively recommend and RGA8 as well as I owned one for somehting like 9 years.
Incredible guitar for value especially if you buyt that used. Once you swap the pickups you're done with upgrade.

Bridge is easy to setup for any need plus it's unbelievably stable. Go for it you find one!
It's not a prestige but I can tell that's very similar in feel and playability as months back I purchased an RG2228M (here's on sevenstring btw lol so keep you eyes open in any case for new offerings!)