Ibanez RG1527 or APEX2

• Thread starter dantesdeception
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dantesdeception

Reaction score
LOL. The only thing the Prestige 1527 has over the RG7620 is the headstock joint, which is even debatable since I've never seen an RG7620 with a crack at that spot. IMO, there's no reason to spend the extra 500-700USD to get the RG1527, unless you don't like used equipment, or you want a maple fretboard really bad. Especially, since this will be your first 7 string.

can you get those ones new?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
LOL. The only thing the Prestige 1527 has over the RG7620 is the headstock joint, which is even debatable since I've never seen an RG7620 with a crack at that spot. IMO, there's no reason to spend the extra 500-700USD to get the RG1527, unless you don't like used equipment, or you want a maple fretboard really bad. Especially, since this will be your first 7 string.

Neck volute, quality control being higher and a better AANJ. I got my RG1527 for only €850 so the price thing wasn't really an issue for me.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Sounds like as good a reason to justify a $1K+ purchase as any.

:rofl:

:agreed:

Neck volute, quality control being higher and a better AANJ. I got my RG1527 for only €850 so the price thing wasn't really an issue for me.

i can get what you're saying but a 7620 isn't bad by any means. they're actually kinda awesome. and i know that's not what you're saying at all but to someone who's never played one it might sound that way. :shrug: