Ibanez RG7 CST production tally Revisited

• Thread starter Syndicated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Syndicated

Stringman
Reaction score
The old thread is dead, and the author wont reply to my private messages, so i figured out i should start a new one. Lets gather all the S/N's here!

Ok, an offshoot of the "Just How Rare are the CST's?" thread - Jemsite actually seems to have gotten pretty good results based on their RG-ART registry for the last several years, with around 40-something unique pieces identified thus far. So, since no one seems to know exactly how many CST's were produced, let's see how we can do here.

Let's run with the same criiteria - report citings, but it's only official if we have a serial number.

RG7CST's

F9850473 - MetalMike
F9850479 - Kevan
F9920677 - Rob Bowen
F9920689 - starsnuffer
F9930405 - Syndicated, formerly nikt
F9950484 - Formerly Drew, now owned by James Grote

Also, how to tell a CT from a CST: The CT has a rosewood fretboard and rosewood headstock overlay, no piezos, and a five-way with a volume and tone. The CST has an ebony board, an overlay of some sort on the headstoock that's stained reddish brown, peizos, and a 5-way with a mag volume, piezo volume, and tone, and a mini-toggle and push-button for the piezos. It has two putput jacks - the CT has one.

Also a bit of new information. According to Levytukku LTD (finnish Ibanez dealer) they had 2 guitars back in 1999. This means that this guitar was not a ordinary J-Custom production, because it was sold outside Japan too. Also according to Levytukku, they said there are 18 of these made.

If you have a ibanez RG7 CST, please send me a PM with the S/N and i will add it to the list. Also i am very keen to know everything not mentioned above!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
Mika please change the last one from "mine" to Drew as it looks like you have two 7CST at the moment

I know that Carlo Heefer from
Cirrha Niva on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

have or had one

2 were in Germany (don't remember the guys and his students name)

and one more in US recording studio:
Audio Hammer Studios on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
1000470048_l.jpg

if I will find something new I will let you know

WHERE'S your 7CST review mate?? ;)

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^I knew that guitar looked familiar! I saw it on one of the Chimaira bonus DVDs and I've been wondering this whole time what it is.

Syndicated

Stringman
Reaction score
One guy in Finnish band called "Reversion" has one. He bought it from Levytukku Ltd here in Finland about 7 years ago. Still waiting for his S/N

Legiah

Legiah
Reaction score
I do as nikt said indeed own a RG-7 J-custom, serial number will be coming soon as the guitar is in the studio now. I 've used it as my main guitar for about ten years now. Nowadays I am a very satisfied Schecter endorsee, but my ibanez will be and stay a worthy part of my guitar collection. Great sound, great playabillity.

Greetings

Carlo

Cirrha Niva

Latest posts