Ibanez RG7321FM

• Thread starter BrainArt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I just received the new 2009 Ibby RG7321FM, and OMFG is it awesome!

Even though it has a fixed bridge, you can still get some wailing tones out of this beauty of an axe, and the sustain is mind-blowing (I held a note with a stop-watch going, no vibrato, for I think 22 seconds before it started to slowly die.) 1 volume, 1 tone, HH setup. Thin, flat, wide neck, perfect for shredding it up on the highs and then going to those brutal Fear Factory or Meshuggah style riffs on the lows. Basswood body, 25.5" scale, cosmo hardware (absolutely stunning.)

I gave the sound a 4 because of the stock pickups, they are somewhat muddy on the low B so it takes a slight rollback on the volume and a split-coil position to get it sounding decent. (I'm putting Dimarzios in her in the next month.) One drawback is that the pickups can't be lowered into the body, that would definitely help with some of the muddiness of the low B on a clean setting.

5 for Action, Fit & Finish. Even though I bought mine "Used" on eBay and the guy doesn't know how to ship a guitar properly (the guitar was in the gig bag he had for it in a box, no paper or packing peanuts AT ALL major FAIL), the guitar was in perfect condition no scratches on it all it was just drastically out of tune. The action is exactly where I like it not too low but not too high either, just right. The finish is amazing pictures do not do this guitar justice, and by the looks and sound of it the top is an actual flamed maple top not a photo veneer. It took me all of five minutes to get adjusted to the extra width so I'm pleased with that. This is my first seven string axe and it's a great guitar for those people who want an Ibby but can't afford the Rg1527 Prestige models.

I have yet to play this baby live, or even take it outside of my house, but even when I am playing my guitars in my room by myself I'm still a very heavy abusive player and this axe can handle it, so a 5 for reliability.

I haven't had to deal with Ibanez at all, though without any warranty papers I would have to go to the original owner for "Customer Support" even though he most likely doesn't know anything about guitars (since he couldn't even restring it properly, that was his tuning problem.)

All in all I give this axe a 5 because it is perfect for the people like me with a tight budget, that want a good started seven. If this one was stolen or destroyed in a freak California wild-fire (which for where I live is probably more likely then someone trying to break into my house and steal it, there's always someone at my house 24/7, usually me) I would definitely save up enough money to repurchase another, or the RG1527 Prestige, or even a UV777. Definitely a must-try for those guys who have been curious about it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Garrow

Famous Beaver Hunter
Reaction score
Congrats man! That is an awesome guitar! I love the 7321's they are freaking work horses!
I'm down to 1 right now, I painted it a pearl white and just love the hell out of it. I will one day have one of these new ones....oh yes it will be mine.

~A

Mega-Mads

Not an IMN
Reaction score
Amazing guitar. Just got mine the other day. The tuners & pubs just needs to get changed. Im going Lundgren M7 - & Sperzel locking tuners :)

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
Yeah, she is a nice guitar. I'm putting Dimarzios and going to change the tuners maybe, mine has some pretty sick tuning stability, eventually down the line though I'm going to retro-fit an Ibanez Edge Pro-7 or Lo-Pro 7 to it so I'll need locking tuners. :hbang:

leatherface207

Reaction score
i just bought one used off a biker for 450, brand new condition with the plasctic still on it id say that this is a good foundation guitar add a some dimarzios and a kahler and this guitar could be a bitchin shred machine lol

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
too bad the "FM" is just a veneer.... tonally identical to the same old shitty 7321

beanriffs

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know this is irrelevant to the topic but do you guys think it would be possible to put a .70 or maybe a .68 on the Ibanez RG7321FM bottom low string? Would I have to "file the nut" (Sorry bit of a noob at the moment)