Ibanez RG8 Mod help in AZ

• Thread starter ockis23
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ockis23

Be Excellent to Each Other
Contributor
Reaction score
What's up every,

So I've really been wanting to do some custom work on my white RG8.

First of the mods will be to paint match the head stock to the body and have the Ibanez logo done in gold. I'd really prefer to find a painter in the Phoenix metropolitan area, if none then I'll consider other options.

2nd change the black bridge to a gold hipshot, Question here is, Does anyone know if the hipshot will be a direct fit or am I going to have to do some modifications to make it fit.

Lastly (looking for recommendations here) on what gold tuners to swap to that'll work with the low 8.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• 20160412_095731.jpg
    20160412_095731.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
What's up every,

So I've really been wanting to do some custom work on my white RG8.

First of the mods will be to paint match the head stock to the body and have the Ibanez logo done in gold. I'd really prefer to find a painter in the Phoenix metropolitan area, if none then I'll consider other options.

2nd change the black bridge to a gold hipshot, Question here is, Does anyone know if the hipshot will be a direct fit or am I going to have to do some modifications to make it fit.

Lastly (looking for recommendations here) on what gold tuners to swap to that'll work with the low 8.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
The Hipshot bridges you see on say Schecters etc, will not fit direct without leaving holes in the body.

They have now stared making specific RG8 bridges (hipshot) but they look identical to the stock brides just with Hipshot saddles instead.

xnormanraganx

Reaction score
I really want the answer to the bridge question as well.

In reference to your third question, I would look into the gold Hipshot locking tuners. They come in 4x4 and you can find a set on eBay for around $90 or less.

Those are the tuners I am going to use for my RG8 for my mods.

ockis23

Contributor
Reaction score
The Hipshot bridges you see on say Schecters etc, will not fit direct without leaving holes in the body.

They have now stared making specific RG8 bridges (hipshot) but they look identical to the stock brides just with Hipshot saddles instead.

Thanks Lewis, I'll try to see if I can find any of those for sale. :hbang:

ockis23

Contributor
Reaction score

I really want the answer to the bridge question as well

In reference to your third question, I would look into the gold Hipshot locking tuners. They come in 4x4 and you can find a set on eBay for around $90 or less.

Those are the tuners I am going to use for my RG8 for my mods.

Thanks xnormanraganx, I'll look those up. However if I can find those bridges made for the RG8s then the whole project is kind of a bust so we'll see what the ol inter-webs has to offer