Ibanez RG8 stock pickup sound a like?

MohnkeD

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know everyone and their mother likes to trash on them but I actually like them and wonder if there's a set of pickups that sound like them so I can put them in my 6 string

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The RG8 pickups aren't that bad and yes they are actually bass pickups. I didn't mind them in the RG8 I had, but I preferred he Pegasus I put in the bridge. Thinking of using them on a regular 6 string or a baritone?

The RGA8 stock pickups/electronics are the trash ones. Avoid those, they're seriously hot garbage.

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My bad you were asking for soundalikes, I thought you wanted to put those exact pickups in a 6!

Zhysick

Reaction score
Probably any ceramic magnet super high DC megamonster will sound something similar... Look for any of those chinese AExpress pickups that are described as megahot and has about 20kOhm resistance... That will be probably close.

The stock bass pickups has tons of turbs of copper, really high DCR so ceramic and Hugh DCR are the only two areas you can focus... Good thing those pickups are really cheap so you can buy a few and try for the one that fits the best for you.