Ibanez RGD2127FX prestige

• Thread starter binz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

binz

Reaction score
What would you pay for a used RGD2127FX? I have a local seller for 950€, I think they went around 1400€ new.

$_57.JPG

I am torn between something like this or a new RGIXL7 (Indo), where I like the RG shape much better (used RG models are hard to find because I would want an XL with the extended scale and fixed bridge).

p_region_rgixl7_bkf_1p_01.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
I’d pay $950 for that; the scale wouldn’t bother me much, it’s only half an inch difference, and the Prestige is a hard tail too.

Plus used Prestige>Indo Premium all day. It’s just going to be a better guitar.

Used trem versions on Reverb right now range from $1400-$1700, it’s a good dea if it’s in decent shape.

binz

Reaction score
Im kind of unfamiliar with all the prestige models, is this really a general rule that prestige = better quality build? Or are there prestige models / lines that fall out of this category?

Grindspine

likes pointy things
Reaction score
I have an RGD 2127 with the Edge Zero. It is my go-to seven string over my RG 3727. Prestiges are generally better in wood selection, fretwork, and finishing touches than Indonesian models, or at least more consistent. I would say $900 to $1100 for a used Prestige 2127 is reasonable if it is in great condition.

However, if you find a good Indonesian one that you like, go for it! Higher price tier guitars tend to have more consistency than lower tiers, but you can still find great Indo-made instruments.