Piezo-only "electric" guitars

• Thread starter spudmunkey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It seems like nearly every one (if not every one) has been for Ish Guitars

The original was a Hollowbody I from like 2015 or 2016, I don't believe it was an Ish build, and Brian's Guitars in CT has gotten at least one. But yeah, Ish has definitely gotten the most of them.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
When you have more money than you know what to do with so you buy a PRS monstrosity like that. I’m sure it’s fantastic but talk about super niche use case.

ToRNOuTLaW

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I remember seeing Peavey Guitars without visible PU about 20 years ago in some catalogues. But I can't think of the model/series name. They had abalone-like bindings.

Reaction score
@spudmunkey yeah, Ritter has some very distinctive designs, although maybe because they are a bit more known around, they don't impress me that much as the previous you posted... and to be fair, some of Ritter's designs feel like won't be very functional in all the guitar's or bass' register. They are truly unique though. I like functionality before aesthetics and some Ritter's are more aesthetic than functional and that turns me off a bit.

This last bass is awesome looking, super clean looking, slick and weird... The diamond (Swarovsky crystals?) covered guitar is clearly not for me.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes when I am out and about I will loose my train of thought as one of these pops into my head:
Fly_Concert_97_1.jpg
When I bought my Flies, there was one of these listed around the same time I missed out on in the ~$800 range. Unreal deal.

Lachlan-Blacklight

Reaction score
I loved the idea of a nylon electric looking at these a few years ago. I made this guy*
Nylon LP

Those PRS with the inset dimples for recessing the knobs annoys me when there's no knobs there. The white one I swear reading it was converted and made sense but the one that's a solid top that's never had the holes drilled??? that'd drive me nuts looking at it all the time.