IBANEZ RGIM7MH replacement pups?

• Thread starter Masquerade
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masquerade

Reaction score
EMG808s are stock on this guitar and I'm looking to replace them.

I'm interested in the Fishman Fluence Moderns but was kinda hoping they had a model in nickel not just black.

I've heard stories of people using 7 string pups with soapbar covers but it leaves quiet a gab between the original mounting screws.

Anyone had any experience with replacing angled pickups on a 7 multiscale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Masquerade

Reaction score
Not sure if it's just me but my experience with blackouts has been lack luster. I've had them as replacements for most of my active guitars but end up swapping them out to passive anyway because tone wise passive usually wins.

In the end passive>active but I've never tried Fishman and willing to give it a try.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score
The last I talked to Seymour Duncan, they said they can pretty much put any pickup in the Blackout housing so it fits EMG routes. They said it would be a "floor shop custom" which is less expensive than a set of full customs. So that's always an option if you know of any SD pups you like.

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
The last I talked to Seymour Duncan, they said they can pretty much put any pickup in the Blackout housing so it fits EMG routes. They said it would be a "floor shop custom" which is less expensive than a set of full customs. So that's always an option if you know of any SD pups you like.

I've asked about this before, and they can certainly do it. It is cheaper than going to the full Custom Shop, too.

angl2k

Reaction score

Some of SD stock models come already shipped in active housing, like the pegasus, distortion, invader, nazgul and sentient. But the pole pieces won't line up with the strings on a multiscale.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
if you do want to go passive I have a set of custom shop soapbar black winters I'm trying to sell. Otherwise I'd say try out the moderns, they seem to be holding their resale value relatively well and most people on here who've tried em seem to like em.