Ibanez S5527-TKS Prestige S7

SickEddy

Reaction score
Hi All

I am very interested in this guitar. I have a small (very large) list of guitars I want and at the moment this is number one on it that isn't old and rare. I have always used Ibanez RGs but never tried an S. And this one is Prestige and has my favourite bridge. All the specs seem perfect other than the pickups which even if they were good I would swap them out so that doesn't bother me. It even has offset dots.

But...I cannot find any reviews of it. If anybody owns or has tried one of these please let me know your thoughts, especially if you owned a MIJ S7420! I have been looking for one of these with the Flame Maple top but nothing has popped up in the UK since I started looking.

Also the fretboard radius is 400mm not 430mm like almost all the other 7 string Prestiges, all five of mine AND even the old S7420 included. If anybody is able to compare the two radii that would be very helpful too.

Thanks in advance for any info you may have

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
I have the S5427(same guitar with a different bridge) and all I can say are good things about it. I never changed out the neck pup, it sounds pretty good for what I need. Definitely recommend switching out the bridge pickup though, I dropped a bkp nailbomb in mine and it slays man. Its by far the best guitar i've ever played. Even though its so thin, its still a big heavy piece of mahogany, and it just sings for any kind of music. I used it for most of the guitars in the EP listed in my sig

Jazzedout

Reaction score
I am a big fan of the S series guitars.
Never played one of the sevenstings, but I've had a couple of old '90s 540S and curently own a 2002 S2120x.
Realy comfy guitars, relatively light and dispite their slim looks all of the ones I had sounded really thick and full unplugged.
I had Dimarzios in the older ones, and I have left the stock QM pickups in the S2120x, since they are decent, although I am waiting for a set of zebra Dimarzio 36th An. PAFs which I think will work great in this...
I have my eye on the S5527 since its introduction although it will be a while since I'll get a new 7 (still need to finish a couple of 7 string Lo-Pro equipped projects first).

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I just bought one. I like it so far but I'd like to have a bit more time w it before I say more. I'm planning on putting a Dimarzio Super Distortion 7 / Air Norton 7 set in it.

Sir Ibanez

Reaction score
S5527 is very good model! I've owned it ones. It's absolutely good and ok guitar with no trouble. You must have it and won't be dissapointed.

Reaction score
I thought that these S5527 weren't available in Europe to buy from the shops. These are also my dream guitars, to be perfect they just needed the Double edge variation...