Ibanez sr 706

• Thread starter Ruins
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ruins

Reaction score
SR706_TK_1M_01.gif

Ibanez guitars | Electric Basses 2008 - SR706

so it looks like people in japan will be able to enjoy this new awesomeness and the rest of the world wont (correct me if i am wrong) :(
i would really love to try this one :wag:

i already tried the sr 506 and the 1006 both are great basses but their neck just feels wierd to me particulary on the sr 1006 the B string was tension almost tension loss comparing to my sr405 and i use standard diadario strings

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Id rather stick to the 506. not big on transblack finishes really

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
holly fuck thats purdy, now if only i played my 506 well enough to warrant interest in that :lol:

Beta

Reaction score
so it looks like people in japan will be able to enjoy this new awesomeness and the rest of the world wont (correct me if i am wrong)

There's always Ishibashi or Ikebe.

Ruins

Reaction score

Sleeper

Reaction score
Holy shit, that's hot! I've been planning on buying an SR506 for a while now but I think this looks preferable. Thanks for the info!

Edit: Just found it on Sam Ash's site, as seen here.

Ruins

Reaction score
i am glad to know that i was wrong. maybe i will get an opportunity some time some where to try one of this basses.
considering the fact that right now i am basically broke and this will remain like this way for few yearsdue to my studies etc... i wont be able just to order that one and just try it as maybe some of you will :wallbash:
if any one is getting on i demand pictures! (please) :D

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
Though I love that the 5 is only available in blue and the 6 is only available in black. Ibanez, specializing in choice :lol:
I swear to god, ibanez' finishing department is nothing but an overdone color coding unit

Ruins

Reaction score
i was trying to calm my gassing over this bass by looking for more pics :nuts: very stupid idea....
and now that i have discovered this it seems to be in controllable levels again.

any way, WHAT THE FUCK did ibanez think when they put the battery between the 2 pickups? this area of wood is very important for tone and sustain
there is enough body wood to stick it else where, why the fuck on that spot?????
ibanezsoundgearsr7061.JPG
ibanezsoundgearsr7062.JPG

New Ibanez Soundgear SR706 6 String Electric Bass - eBay (item 290205828468 end time Apr-11-08 08:40:47 PDT)

please explain are they stupid or is it something that i am missing out here some sort of their secret for better tone??:scratch:

and fuck! the finish is insane, i love it :wag::drool:

JoeyTRabbit

I give Pwnage Points
Reaction score
I myself have the SR706TK and even with the battery between the two pickups, it still has a very nice tone to it. Doesn't seem to make a difference to me.

Latest posts