Ibanez v7/v8 pickups in jackson

starvingartist

Reaction score
Alrighty.. so i have a bone stock 7 string Jackson JS22-7 dinky. I just saw a pair of cheap Ibanez v7 and v8 pickups online and i was wondering if anyone has swapped the jackson pickups for these.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blckrnblckt

Reaction score
How cheap? If they are stupidly cheap, just get them and try them out. Even if they aren't great, you will have gained some experience with the pickups and you'll then know if you like the pickups or not. If they are only a bit cheaper than higher end alternatives, then you should save for those.

Zhysick

Reaction score
In my opinion (I've had an Ibanez RGD2127Z and a Jackson JS22-7) the Ibby V7/V8 are NO BETTER than the stock jackson pickups...

And I insist: in my opinion (sound-wise)

starvingartist

Reaction score
How cheap? If they are stupidly cheap, just get them and try them out. Even if they aren't great, you will have gained some experience with the pickups and you'll then know if you like the pickups or not. If they are only a bit cheaper than higher end alternatives, then you should save for those.

They were $30! I did pick them up just in caze. But if i decided against it, i would just turn around and resell them:p

starvingartist

Reaction score
In my opinion (I've had an Ibanez RGD2127Z and a Jackson JS22-7) the Ibby V7/V8 are NO BETTER than the stock jackson pickups...

And I insist: in my opinion (sound-wise)

Okay! Thats good to know though! Do you prefer one of those guitars over the other? Just curious!

Zhysick

Reaction score
Actually I returned the Ibby and kept the Jackie for longer... the neck is much better but the real reason I returned the Ibby was because a few bad fret ends and a crack in the case. They offered me a "different" case or a 50€ discount or something like that... so I returned the guitar because that wasn't going to fix the frets anyway, so I kept the Jackie for like a year until I bought a Carvin DC7X and sold the Jackie.

For me that Jackson is even better than lots of guitars in the 1000€ mark... A change of pups and go rocking no problem! But the V7/V8 combo won't be an improvement, for sure :lol:

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Let us know how you like them when you get them installed. Nothing wrong with trying out a variety of pickups to get a better sense of what you're looking for, especially when you can get them for cheap.

starvingartist

Reaction score
Let us know how you like them when you get them installed. Nothing wrong with trying out a variety of pickups to get a better sense of what you're looking for, especially when you can get them for cheap.

Will do! I might look into just buying a 7 string body and installing those pickups. Just for the heck of it haha