Iced Tea with Earl Grey tea

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I must admit I like it a lot. :D

The quick recipe is 3 big family sized regular Lipton tea bags and two Earl Grey tea bags. Add to about 3/4 of a gallon of boiling water in a gallon sized jar. I use an eletric kettle to boil the water, it owns. Then let steep for at least half an hour, more if you're man enough. :flex: Then remove tea bags and add lots of ice. Add enough to fill the jar to the top. Once the ice has melted put in the fridge to get nice and chilly then consume in mass quantities.

I must admit this was inspired by Lipton's Pure Leaf bottled teas which are damn fine. But my home brew is superior.

Oh if you want sweetened or fruit flavored tea do this. First make simple syrup, which is one part sugar to one part water. You can go with a little more sugar than water if you like but don't go too crazy. Add the sugar and water together in sauce pan. Once the water has come to a boil and the sugar has dissolved you're all done unless you want fruit flavored tea. If you do, once the sugar is dissolved and the water is boiling kill the heat and add what ever flavors you want, lemon, rasberries, peaches, mint. Add whatever makes you happy. Let it steep for about 15 minutes. Then strain it into a squirt bottle and add it to the tea at your leisure. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garcia3441

Tone Whore
Contributor
Reaction score
Recipe for sun brewed tea

1. Place 2 quarts water in a large clear pitcher.
2. Add 1/4 cup sugar.
3. Add 6-7 tea bags.
4. Cover pitcher and let stand in sun 2 to 4 hours.
5. Remove tea bags.
6. Serve over ice.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
:lol:
gotta admit I laughed out loud when I saw this thread title - I absolutely love earl grey tea & iced tea, but I never expected to read about it here on ss.org!

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Curious. How come the addition of the Lipton teas? Does the Earl Grey not take kindly to being iced?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
The regular tea is there to chill out the Earl Grey which can get kind of strong. :D

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I tried the new bottled iced earl grey tea from lipton, wasn't too bad! :yesway: Although I dig earl grey anyways.... hehe :yum:

Latest posts