Ideas for a tattoo?

• Thread starter Thin_Ice_77
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought Japanese was pictures as words though? like the Sun is a picture of the Sun and trees and a picture of trees, so maybe just stick to getting tattoos of nature and you'll be ok?

:lol:

I'm not too sure what you're trying to say in your post, but we're referring to Japanese writing:

kanji.gif

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I watched this program about how Japanese words evolved from the pictures of the things that they are, that's why I thought that.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I think I can see the house :lol:

i'd care that the thread derailed, but he hasnt said anything lately

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
Ha, I'm still here.

I agree about the Japanese writing, I never liked that either. I'm having something on my body that I'm not even able to read. My friend has two of them one apparently saying 'Love' the other one saying 'Eternal'.

I'm still pretty set of having those lyrics, I just don't know why design or want or any of that jazz. Not meaning to be a dick, but most people seem to just be trying to change my mind rather than suggest things that might look good :shrug: I apologise if that's not the case. I still have a good 8 months to decide what I want before I'm even old enough to have it, so I don't think I'm really rushing into it or anything.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
that certainly wasn't the case on my part. I never intended to 'change your mind' per se, I was putting foward the fact that in 2 or 3 years time, you may change your mind about lyrics tattoos being cool, that's all. do what you want man, doesn't fuss me, but if you have to ask other people what you should get tattooed on your body FOREVER then I imagine you'll end up regretting your (or in this case someone elses) decision.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
I watched this program about how Japanese words evolved from the pictures of the things that they are, that's why I thought that.

AFAIK, Japan has old idiograms that are like that, reaching some 3,000 symbols. I might be terribly wrong though - I've never heard that from a Japanese or anyone who's actually lived there.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno. 4 years later, I still like the alexisonfire skull/heart logo. I actually have a friend with that one, oddly enough.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
if i had gotten the tattoos i wanted when i was 18, i'd seriously, seriously regret them now...however, oddly enough, the next one i want to get is lyrics and album art

i would suggest maybe finding a piece of artwork that relates to the lyrics, and then seeing if you can have the artist work them into the art, and have them give you several different takes on it, and then find one of your most brutally honest friends give you their opinion on if it looks stupid or not, you don't need your tattoos to impress people, you just don't want them to make you look like a dumbass later on, hell, maybe ask your mom what she thinks, if there is any person who should be giving you the best advice they can on "that looks fucking retarded son" it's your mom

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
the moral of the story is: don't ask other people for what tattoos that you yourself should get. if you don't already know what you want, then don't go get a tattoo purely because you can, as you will almost definitely regret it.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I got a tattoo because i could :lol: no regrets.

it's a treble clef. I will play music until I die. im good :D

Nick

Reaction score
before you get any tattoos first:
-decide on what YOU want
-find a tattoo artist that can do this
-and then sit on the idea for a long time (6-12 months)

this seems like great advice and id advise you to take it. I have no tatoos and wont ever have any but if you feel the same about it 12 months down the line thats a good test of whether or not youl still be happy with it in 5 years. :yesway:

iddqd

Reaction score
Currently on my 'inspiration list':

biomech2.jpg

biomechanical-tattoo.jpg

biomechanical-tattoo-2.jpg

7n8.jpg

17n18.jpg

23n24.jpg

If i'd be chinese, i'd definately get this:
29n30.jpg

And something i think i'd never regret: