If you like old school RPG's that don't hold your hand, go play Outward right now

• Thread starter QuantumCybin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Seriously, game is one of the best RPG's I've played in recent memory. No fast travel, no quest markers, no hand holding. It reminds me of Morrowind a LOT, although people also say it reminds them of Risen/Gothic (I haven't played those games so I can't say). What's even better is the studio is composed of only 10 people, so you can tell this game was a labor of love.

There's a survival system implemented too, but it's done VERY well and the game really tows this line between paying homage to old school RPG's but still incorporating a bit of a modern take on it.

I highly recommend RPG fans to check it out. It's on steam and both consoles. $40 USD.

OH, and another thing: it supports two player co-op, EVEN ON SPLIT SCREEN. You can even do split screen on a PC with two monitors if you stack them virtually using nvidia software.