IK Multimedia AXE I/O

• Thread starter Frostbite
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/index.php?p=info

Saw this after someone posted about it on a FB group I'm in and wanted to get the forums thoughts on it. Obviously, reviews are going to need to come on it before I can make a better opinion but it looks really cool IMO. specifically the amount of outputs as I want to get a setup where I can have an output go to a power amp and run an amp sim through my 2x12 while not having to unplug one of my monitors. Never really used any of the other products they make (looks like the iRig stuff mainly) so wanted get peoples opinion on that too

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Not that I need a new interface by any means, but this looks cool.

I'm curious...to hear if there is a difference in sound quality, by say comparing it to a Scarlett etc.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Not that I need a new interface by any means, but this looks cool.

I'm curious...to hear if there is a difference in sound quality, by say comparing it to a Scarlett etc.
Yeah that's the main reason I want to hear some reviews. I'm curious how the pre-amps sound

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Yeah that's the main reason I want to hear some reviews. I'm curious how the pre-amps sound
I feel like at some point we are going to hit a wall at how well a preamp can sound/perform. IDK if that time is now or if we are close to it.

Descent

Reaction score
I like the reamp special output, finally someone in this price range thought of it.

It is a bit confusing as to how many inputs the interface really is?

Is it 4 (2 line/instrument front) and 2 mic/combi in the back? Or the front doubles the back?
For $350 if it is just 2 inputs I can't justify purchase. If it is 4 inputs, maybe - this way you can do a 2 mic setup on a guitar cab and do a safety DI from the front.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I like the reamp special output, finally someone in this price range thought of it.

It is a bit confusing as to how many inputs the interface really is?

Is it 4 (2 line/instrument front) and 2 mic/combi in the back? Or the front doubles the back?
For $350 if it is just 2 inputs I can't justify purchase. If it is 4 inputs, maybe - this way you can do a 2 mic setup on a guitar cab and do a safety DI from the front.
Looks like it's 2 Instrument/line level inputs on the front and then just line level on the back since it looks like you can change the type of input on the front but not the back so it could potential work like you wanted

Elric

Reaction score
Based on the image of the Mixer on IK's site; it looks to me like you select between those front and back inputs rather than have them all available at once, so I think this is a *2* input interface, look at the 'Audio Input':

interface-tab@2x.jpg

IK Multimedia

Sponsor
Reaction score
Sorry to be so late to the game but I have some cool information about AXE I/O to follow (good artist using it, but better yet a firmware update to make the Amp Out direct which was inspired by this artist).

Anyway, first things first, AXE I/O is a 2 in/5 out interface. Sorry for any confusion on that and for being late to respond as I didn't see this thread.

On the other topic, the artist is Joe Satriani and the functionality is that with the new firmware update you can route the Instrument Input 1 directly to the Amp Out with zero latency so to easily record both a clean DI signal and amplifier simultaneously, without the need for splitters or other external gear.

If interested, you can read the Joe Satriani news

There's also a video here: