I'm Actually Excited About This Coming From Gibson

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
IMG_8679.jpg

Les Paul Axcess, Alex Lifeson Sig.

Has piezos, coil taps, and a floyd on an LP.
Looks pretty hot to me.

Gibson Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess Revealed

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I saw that they finally have another Les Paul with a matched headstock (aside from Buckethead's signature and black guitars) that is something I've always wanted to see from Gibson.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah these are bloody awesome guitars. Funny they don't make something like this with him until well after he stopped using Gibsons though. The 3x I have seen them (first in 2004) he plays PRS for the majority. He had a Tele out for Vital signs on the Time Machine tour though (that was cool).

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
FAIL.

Why, if you were just gunna stick all of that extra stuff on it, would you bother with a LP? It won't sound like a Les Paul, and it'll weight a ton!

I'd love a Lifeson LP, but not with a friggin floyd. Besides, I thought LP's w/trems was the whole idea of PRS?

Not for me.

Razzy

[10]
Reaction score
FAIL.

Why, if you were just gunna stick all of that extra stuff on it, would you both with a LP? I won't sound like a Les Paul, and it'll weight a ton!

I'd love a Lifeson LP, but not with a friggin floyd. Besides, I though LP's w/trems was the whole idea of PRS?

Not for me.

You can't put a Floyd Rose on a PRS though, because you'll go to Hell for it.

And Neal Schon had a Floyd on his LP. I think it's a cool idea, and they still sound like LP's to me.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure these have the neck thinner, ultra access cutaway, and the body is somewhat reduced in size.
It's not a fail, but if you don't like LP then cool!.
Alex has good taste and this is the only LP I actually like, though I wouldn't buy it.
Playing the Axcess LP's really changed my opinion of Gibson, but not enough.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
FAIL.

Why, if you were just gunna stick all of that extra stuff on it, would you both with a LP? I won't sound like a Les Paul, and it'll weight a ton!

I'd love a Lifeson LP, but not with a friggin floyd. Besides, I though LP's w/trems was the whole idea of PRS?

Not for me.

So you want a Lifeson LP without the Lifeson? :lol: Seriously he had been putting floyds in them for years. He used a floyd exclusively as it was the only trem with the stability he liked. My guess would be the PRS trem was 'good enough' so he didn't gut it, but dang he uses a lot of bar.

DesertBurst

need moar dorrar
Reaction score
FAIL.

Not for me.

there is nothing new about a locking trem on a LP.
it has been done numerous times in the past.

LP Axcess has thinner body=less weight.
again, nothing new about it either.

my axcess sounds like a Les Paul, because it is a Les Paul.

stryker1800

Sweet Pickle
Reaction score
You can't put a Floyd Rose on a PRS though, because you'll go to Hell for it.

And Neal Schon had a Floyd on his LP. I think it's a cool idea, and they still sound like LP's to me.

So did the whole company go to hell for making the Torero, if so ill be glad to ride along with em, cause after i put blackouts in place of the Emgs it was a great axe.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
I HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S A GIBSON. THEY ARE TEH DEBBIL.

j/k, obviously.

Is it just me, or does this seem like the kind of thing Gibson should have done years ago as just a regular production model (as in, not a sig)? It's actually adding modern appointments/improvements to their classic models, instead of a "new" vintage reissue that costs $7,000. It's cool that they make sigs like this and the Buckethead model that feature modifications the artists have/want, but shouldn't that be a sign to them that those are features they might want to include on a standard model?

...am I making sense?

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
FAIL.

Not for me.

You do realize that Alex has been playing Floyded LPs for as long as I've been alive right? Its his guitar. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Also I agree this is one of the few LPs I'd consider buying.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I like the idea of a Floyd'd Gibson LP, but that just looks ugly to me. :shrug:

Miek

POSTING ON INTERNET
Reaction score
I HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S A GIBSON. THEY ARE TEH DEBBIL.

j/k, obviously.

Is it just me, or does this seem like the kind of thing Gibson should have done years ago as just a regular production model (as in, not a sig)? It's actually adding modern appointments/improvements to their classic models, instead of a "new" vintage reissue that costs $7,000. It's cool that they make sigs like this and the Buckethead model that feature modifications the artists have/want, but shouldn't that be a sign to them that those are features they might want to include on a standard model?

...am I making sense?
Gibson seems to have a hard time tapping into markets and demographics that it's not already a primary player in itself, so they tend to just stick to what they do, and what their customers want. I'd think this is the best way they've found to maximize profits - trying to edge in on territories that other companies have already claimed would likely be a large investment for a, while not insignificant, not worthwhile return.

But I'm not a very smart fella :wavey:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
So did the whole company go to hell for making the Torero, if so ill be glad to ride along with em, cause after i put blackouts in place of the Emgs it was a great axe.

PRS%20Floyd%20BB.jpg

PRS also built a custom with a Floyd for Ryan Phillips (Story of the Year), before it (apparently) got destroyed.