I'm obsessed with this coil tap! (Banshee Mach 7)

Amar's Music

Reaction score
I'm loving everything about the Lundgren M7 pickups on my Banshee Mach 7. And I just can't get over the coil tap. I'm blown away with how good these pickups sound when split. There is no drop in volume like I've noticed with other pickups in the past. I had no idea the Lundgrens would be so versatile! The beginning of this video is the coil tap on the neck and then the full humbucker after.

VGK17

Reaction score
Dammit now you're really making me want to get some Lundgrens. Great song there too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeries

Banned
Reaction score
I'm loving everything about the Lundgren M7 pickups on my Banshee Mach 7. And I just can't get over the coil tap. I'm blown away with how good these pickups sound when split. There is no drop in volume like I've noticed with other pickups in the past. I had no idea the Lundgrens would be so versatile! The beginning of this video is the coil tap on the neck and then the full humbucker after.

Great video and song/sound - my cousin convinced me the M7 really is the ultimate (passive) pickup for metal, unofficially and off the record as Dimarzio rules ;) and all that jazz ! I think its the special hand winding

Amar's Music

Reaction score
I'm thinking it just might be as well. It's very articulate just like an active but it has a more open sound like a passive. It is quite interesting. I can definitely see why on their website they claim this pickup brings people over from actives.

Jeries

Banned
Reaction score
It is special for sure. There is no other pickup like it - I think the way the EMG 81 is regarded as the super metal pickup, in my view, this should be the "81" or like marketed as the passive 81 from Sweden hehe

Amar's Music

Reaction score
I have heard somewhere that it is based on the 81. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I can see how it could be. It's definitely not as "tight" as the 81 but I'm not sure any passive pickup could be.

Jeries

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard somewhere that it is based on the 81. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I can see how it could be. It's definitely not as "tight" as the 81 but I'm not sure any passive pickup could be.
Really? When/where did you hear that because thats very interesting to me personally, if you are cool with saying

I mean, its a passive pickup - as you said - its probably as tight as could be for a passive (since actives are a different animal) so its not truly "fair" to say anything but that the nature of active pickups is that tight clarity - still the m series is just as clear to me (not for cleans actually, but thats to your point amar)

Amar's Music

Reaction score
Really? When/where did you hear that because thats very interesting to me personally, if you are cool with saying

I mean, its a passive pickup - as you said - its probably as tight as could be for a passive (since actives are a different animal) so its not truly "fair" to say anything but that the nature of active pickups is that tight clarity - still the m series is just as clear to me (not for cleans actually, but thats to your point amar)

It was in a forum. That's why I don't know the validity of the statement. I don't recall which forum it was.

And I agree. The clarity is certainly there! I'm really enjoying the cleans as well!

Mura

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Great sound and performance!
And if you're fascinated by the charm of Lundgrens, you should also try Black Heaven.

I have an M7 7-string guitar and a Black Heaven 8-string guitar, and I feel like I've got everything in the world just by playing those two guitars alternately.

Amar's Music

Reaction score
Great sound and performance!
And if you're fascinated by the charm of Lundgrens, you should also try Black Heaven.

I have an M7 7-string guitar and a Black Heaven 8-string guitar, and I feel like I've got everything in the world just by playing those two guitars alternately.

Thank you! I appreciate that! I heard about those pickups a few times. I honestly just found out about Lundgrens from this guitar. I would definitely love to try out some of their other pickups some day!

spilla

Reaction score
Ive come to realize that i prefer my neck humbucker split for most occasions (not all of them sound great when split) but its has led me to think i actually prefer a singlecoil in the neck position.

So those ssh guitars that ive looked at with distain all these years acutally look quite nice to me now!?

Humbucers that sound great when split: Duncan Distortion, Duncan 59, Lollar Imperial, Air Norton (or is it the tone zone, whatever the neck pickup is in that combo)

Amar's Music

Reaction score
Ive come to realize that i prefer my neck humbucker split for most occasions (not all of them sound great when split) but its has led me to think i actually prefer a singlecoil in the neck position.

So those ssh guitars that ive looked at with distain all these years acutally look quite nice to me now!?

Humbucers that sound great when split: Duncan Distortion, Duncan 59, Lollar Imperial, Air Norton (or is it the tone zone, whatever the neck pickup is in that combo)

This is my first guitar with a coil tap. And I completely understand what you mean. The HSS guitars were always unappealing to me until now. I can see how they can be pretty sweet. I only use the full neck humbucker on this guitar when straight up shredding. For everything else (cleans and low gain), I have been using the coil tap!