I'm thinking of downsizing...

• Thread starter AfterTheBurial8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
Buy my Axe-Fx Standard on the cheap and pair it with your choice of power amp / speakers / monitoring. You could do a pair of powered PA cabs, a traditional 4x10 with a Rocktron... the possibilities are endless. And you'll be helping a brotha out xD

But seriously I'd do a modeler -> power amp situation. This takes care of studio, headphone, practice, and live situations in one swoop with FRFR and traditional cabinet solutions while having a bunch of effects and the same power as an amp in an amp-sized package. I don't play with my Axe-Fx live simply because I don't want to replace a unit that isn't made anymore if it is stolen or gets beer poured on it and because I'm a sucker for old gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Gaga

Reaction score
Now, I thought about getting an ENGL Ironball that's just been released, they sound great and are tiny little lunchbox amps that would be perfect for taking to and from places. Plus there's a sweet power soak control on the back so you can change the watts from 20, 5 or 1 which would be perfect for home.

If you like Engl already, then go for this one. I've tried quite a few smaller amps, Tiny Terror, HT5 etc, but they just didn't do it for me. but I'd say hang on to the Invader, getting rid of the it means you'll be missing out if you need it again.

I've also got an Invader 100 and as awesome as it is, it's a hell of an amp to move around. I bought a Gigmaster 15 combo 2 years back, and that power soak feature is absolutely fantastic as hell. it's excellent to have a smaller amp that you can just drag around easily. I'm now planning to sell off the Gigmaster and get an Ironball

LukeNecraG

Necrabeast
Reaction score
I don't think you should lose the Invader if it's what you wanted all along.

I'd say do a bit of saving and get a small practice amp like a Roland Cube or something. Then use that at home and keep the big guy for band use.

BeyondDan

Beyond Fiction
Reaction score
I think the new Randall Diavlo RD45 head could be a great choice. It seems to sound very good according to the clip i've seen so far!!
And at a 599$ street price....I almost conviced my self to get one !!

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
this thread neatly outlines why halfstack owners have 110/112 combos at home ;)

WarMachine

Reaction score
this thread neatly outlines why halfstack owners have 110/112 combos at home ;)
Or why some halfstack owners want 112 combos at home :lol: i'd love to get a 5150 combo and throw a gov'nah in there......sounds like i need some gear beano hahaha.

shredmaestrobri

Reaction score
Used to use a Mesa F30. Same with you on the usage and the infrequent use. Got a Peavey Vypyr 100 212 amplifier and Line 6 Spider IV 150 212. Dont miss my Mesa or big board rig a bit. :)

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My halfstack is my practice amp, i just turn it down. I borrow a buddy's cab at the jamspace :yesway: